2 Rectifier bridges : Why ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2Bak said:

Each star ground for each channel are in fact not connected ! I have two star grounds per channel. First starground for psu and speakers, and second starground for inputs. Those two star ground are then connected. But for each channel only.

Hi,

I think that master grounds of channels must be connected together inside. If is not, then you automatically make this connection (between grounds) when you connect interconnecting cable on input terminal (source of signal have one ground for both channel). Grounding thru interconnect maybe produce hum and noise (and condition for blow fuse).

Regards

moamps said:

Hi,

I think that master grounds of channels must be connected together inside. If is not, then you automatically make this connection (between grounds) when you connect interconnecting cable on input terminal (source of signal have one ground for both channel). Grounding thru interconnect maybe produce hum and noise (and condition for blow fuse).

Regards

Yes, off course, I also though about that after I wrote the above.
However, when the fuse blew I didn't have interconnects attacted. So it must have been a wiring mistake, though I find it hard to believe so, cause I was very focused on doing the wiring correctly after having blown a few fuses...

...well, who knows?

Does the sequence of the pair of secondary wires have importance? I mean, AC is AC isn't it...?
Red and black = sec 1, yellow and orange = sec 2.

/Jan

Hi,

Use red/black for +rail for all three rectifier and yellow/orange for - rail, don't mix it, connect power supplies step by step like:

1. Only first bridge on
2. First and second bridge on
3. All three bridge on
(All without connecting amps)
4. All bridge on, first amp on
With this steps you can determine when fuse blow and where fault is.

Regards

Single center tap secordary out

Hi

Can you use to rectifiers bridges with 1 center tap output

Attachments

• center-tap_transformer.jpg
    center-tap_transformer.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 638
Jan
Yes . I attach the schematic, which is for one channel only. The bridges for the second channel are wired in parallel. The "grounding" is also shown on the right. The fuse on the primary is 3A fast. The 2A fast was marginal. The 1.5A fast didn't make it. Chassis is grounded. Signal ground is floating.
Regards
George
Hi George,
If I understand you correctly you are using your amp without signal ground?
Does it works fine? Do you have ground related problems? What is your source?
Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.