2 questions re. caps for use in Marantz CD63

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
SimontY said:
hi wintermute,

Another spot can probably take a 16v/3300uf (C806). Crap thing is, next to this (C805) Bobwire recommends a 35v/4700uf!!! Now, what kind of cap will fit into a 1cm diameter space, and is anything more than 1000uf?!?!? :bawling:

Does the CD67 have more room? I had lots of room for four Nichicon 4700uF/35v FX Muse caps in place of C803, C804, C805, and C806.

Regards,
Dan

Hi Dan,

I'd need to look inside to remind myself which is which, but in the CD67 there are very large spaces for two caps, which sit before two regulators. In the 63 they are smaller 470uf Elnas, and in the CD67 they are 1,000uf and MUCH larger in diameter, from what I remember seeing... That might explain why those two are impossible for me :-( I did put in two 1,000uf 25v Black Gate standards, it sounded better, so I'll leave those two alone.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Zombie said:
I changed mine to shottky types, but can't say I hear any difference...I've done some other mods too that didn't make any difference, but maybe all these little unnoticed changes do make a difference put together or make other tweaks give its full potential...

An excellent point! :smash: That's the primary reason I'm going on.

Regards,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.