2-Band Baxandall Tone Control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Godfrey,

Thanks for thinking things through and pointing out my doodoo - because that's precisely what it was, I made a mistake when cobbling together the schematic (redrawn from another source which didn't have anything to do with guitars) :eek: I was concerned whether corner frequencies of both sections make sense for guitar duty.

One thing to bear in mind is it reduces the level by a little more than 20dB overall, so unless you've got about 10 times gain to spare, it's a non-starter.

Good point, I'll definitely have to make sure there is enough gain left over. As it stands now, with a very conservative estimate of the openloop gain (this is a tube amplifier, hence no schematic in this part of the forum :) ) there should be 20 dB to spare if guitar pickup puts out 0.06 V RMS max. (anything more than that and the output will overdrive). I believe this to be a reasonable assumption, plus OL gain is likely to exceed the conservative estimate so some GNFB will be needed anyhow.

Hi,

...missed the decoupling capacitors in power supply pins of the IC TL072.
It's very important!!!
100nF ceramic and 4.7uF/25V eletrl, connected supply pins to ground...

hugs

sorry.i forgot these caps in the schematic.but in the layout i have included only 100nf decoupling capacitors at both opamps rails.i thinkk i have to make a new layout to include electolytics too.

i have used a tl072 as an input buffer and not opa2134 because i have only one opa2134.the layout is stereo.

Last edited:
Hi. i will use three opamps one for each stage. 1st stage buffer,2nd stage tone control,3rd stage gain of the preamp. these are the new photos.do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

• SCH.jpg
    SCH.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 207
  • out.jpg
    out.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 207
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.