16Hz @ 105dB in 6 Liters !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know why people continue to say things "You CAN'T hear below 20Hz!" as if it's relevant. Even perfect sines at medium volume with almost nonexistent distortion are pretty easy to 'detect' even if you want to debate whether you're technically 'hearing' it or not.

Without cheating and turning my subs up enough to start making noticeable distortion, I can hear/feel the fundamental down to about 16hz and I think that has more to do with the sub rolloff than it being imperceptible.

Trying to engineer a system that can cleanly dig below 20hz is by no means such a futile endeavor as saying "You CAN'T hear below 20Hz!" would suggest.

Apologies if I'm missing some kind of humor there.

The sub itself isn't anything new, it looks like to me. It's a very high excursion, very heavy diaphragm, high power sealed sub with a lot of processing. Probably uses linkwitz-transform type equalization. Probably dynamically raises the low cutoff as the system volume is turned up to preserve headroom and reign in excursion. Perhaps also uses servo feedback on the sub to make grounds for the "zero distortion" claims even if somewhat exaggerated.

Sound familiar? Product Categories Infrasub | Bag End

I don't think there's any groundbreaking tech here, but that doesn't take away from the likelihood that it would be very impressive to hear from such a tiny package. It could be well engineered and really deliver impressive sound. It's a fairly natural extension of what happens when you take hoffman's iron law to the extreme. Pick 'small' and 'low', while taking the handicap of not being loud. Then attempt to overcome that handicap with a shitload of power.

Last edited:
The value is obviously non existent for most, but I agree it probably is really impressive for it's size. Very sleek overall design. There's not a lot to hate about it besides price and typical over the top marketing.

Will look for it when it reaches the west coast.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.