16 way rotarry switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am servicing an old Voice Systems (Italian) small mixer in which the effects selector switch is damaged beyond repair.
This is a 16 position selector with 7 + 7 through hole legs. I found a similar frame selector at RS but it is a 10 position selector.

This is the RS switch:RTAP4ES10M25NS | Rotary Switch, 10 Way, Through Hole | C & K

Can anyone point me to a source for the 16 position switch?

Thanks in advance,

N.Webber

DId you look at C&K itself or in the C&K selection at RS?

You can also TRY contacting C&K and inquiring as to the availability of the part through vendors. Like most commercial controls and things in our industry, they are made up for the OEM to spec, not off the shelf. So the part you need may not be an off the shelf part, and may have been made custom for Voice Systems.

And I googled Voice Systems and found a number of links to Voice Systems in Italy and elsewhere. I can't be sure if it is the same company still around or someone who had adopted the name, but it MIGHT bear fruit to contact some of them. I didn;t see mixers, but they are selling PA speakers and amps.

Enzo, Thank you for your reply and directions. I'll have a go mailing C&K directly.
Voice Systems is a daughter company of Viscount which are old time organ company.
I also searched VS's site for some info but couldn't find any mixers though I did see some recently :confused:

mickeymoose said:
...16 pos. switch with 14 pins
Yes, and not all 14 pins are even connected to the circuitry..
It's a variant of the BCD logic switch where specific combinations of pins determine the state of operation of the related circuit.
So a small number of pins can yield a multiple number of combinations.

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.