15inch Alnico China driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found this driver:

15TAD100:15",350 W RMS,700 W program,4" coil-hiwell

It is a 15 inch woofer with a 1,2T alnico magnet. The site do not specify the T/S parameters, but I have asked them about it and they will send it to me they told me.

Have anyone here used this driver or heard anything about it? I think it looks like a really decent driver if it is well built. Solid frame, nice magnet and good look.

i wouldn't trust the specs of knock-off products even if they were published on the site. There are decent chinese speaker manufacturers, such as tang band, I wouldn't risk working with knock off products.
This TAD lookalike seems like the speaker equivalent of a fake rolex.

I use every opportunity to post these pictures of a chinese made "Volk Audio" 7.1 channel receiver unit I've got here.

It's listed with some insane MSRP on the box of a couple of thousand dollars. You'll notice that even though it's listed as a 7.1 channel unit, it only has left and right inputs and no digital inputs at all.

It also has plastic coated cement blocks in it to add weight.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• vololololkaudio1.jpg
    vololololkaudio1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 575
  • vololololkaudio2.jpg
    vololololkaudio2.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 562
  • vololololkaudio3.jpg
    vololololkaudio3.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 555
Thank God

We make good Tube gear too

all that china stuff just looks nice on touched up pictures

There are few china places that I have seen quality but that is when the price is close enough to our prices here so I rather pay a bit more and

SUPPORT OUR US and CANADIAN PRODUCTS

MAKE SURE OUR KIDS HAVE A FUTURE HERE

Well, even if the best stuff is made in USA or Canada, that doesn't make it affordable. As with so many things, compromises have to be made, and they are different for everyone. I certainly can't afford top end made in the USA electronics. I'm a fan of B&C drivers though, made in Italy. I'm sure drivers made in USA are at least as good.

Buying local just because it's local is the best way to stifle innovation.
And, applying that reasoning to my location, I would not buy any made in America speaker drivers, but only european brands. You can see that purely nationalist thinking is a dead end. Rather, i prefer to reward innovative producers offering good quality at interesting price levels. A chinese company like Tangband is in my opinon part of that club.
In any case, the real problem is with unethical knockoff products, no matter where they are made.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
And, applying that reasoning to my location, I would not buy any made in America speaker drivers, but only european brands. You can see that purely nationalist thinking is a dead end. Rather, i prefer to reward innovative producers offering good quality at interesting price levels. A chinese company like Tangband is in my opinon part of that club.
In any case, the real problem is with unethical knockoff products, no matter where they are made.

:up: Could not have put it better myself.

I notice you're from Germany (Edit: Belgium. Flags are too close!) Perhaps you'll be more irritated by the fact that the Chinese company that made this cheap knock-off blamed it on Germany!

Edit2: I do understand that there are some good products that come out of China. My main speakers have Hi-Vi drivers in them. I just wish that the ratio of crap-to-good that came out of that country wasn't something like 90% to 10%.

Attachments

• IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
I notice you're from Germany (Edit: Belgium. Flags are too close!) Perhaps you'll be more irritated by the fact that the Chinese company that made this cheap knock-off blamed it on Germany!

Edit2: I do understand that there are some good products that come out of China. My main speakers have Hi-Vi drivers in them. I just wish that the ratio of crap-to-good that came out of that country wasn't something like 90% to 10%.

I am sorry but I didn't quite get the link between the TAD knock-off and Germany?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.