15003/4 hfe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I understand your complain about the measuring method , you are surely right.
That was only a easy way to make a measure. 10s is a right time for an old man like me to turn power on, let stabilize the DVMs and read and write down.
But, please go back and read my first post.

What I (tried to) say is that *INSIDE A BATCH* the tolerance *IS* OK.
What is not explained (even by your correct teory) is why:

------To simplify the question to the extreme ( I know, there is a language ------problem, I am not flent in English)

1)Motorolas have ALWAYS about double beta than ONsemi
2)PNP have always about double beta than NPN

If the problem was in the measuring method I would obtain very noisy and uncorrelated data. That is not. My impression is that there is a technical difference (due to differences in production methods, materials, quality choice, this I cannot say).
I was testing some ( about 15 per type) of mine, an I got ALMOST THE SAME RESULTS!!!
(I was mountig the TO3s on the Heatsink, that has sockets, and waiting 10 minutes to stabilize).
That is awful, pity.
Since I do not have enough old Motorolas I probably will have to resolt to some better match-able devices....

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.