15" Shiva subwoofer designs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

have just discovered that I can get a 15" latest model Shiva driver here in Australia for less than it would cost me to bring in a 12". However I've been unable to come up with a design that is as flat or as extended in frequency response as the 12". Box size also gets pretty large. The 12" looks good in around 120 liters size tuned somewhere around 22 hz.

Can anyone point me to a design or site where someone has built a 15"? Looking for looooooooooow bass for mostly home theatre, but also some music (mostly rock but with occassional forays into opera).

Room is about 8 meters x 4 meters x 2.7 meters high.

have checked past threads, but not come up with anything - have I missed anything?

cheers
gary

have checked past threads, but not come up with anything - have I missed anything?
I've never seen anyone on the net posting that they were able to buy any of the 'new' Shiva or Tempest drivers. So it's unlikely you'd find any designs for them.

Are you sure you're actually able to buy that particular driver? Although data has been listed on the Adire website for over a year, none of the suppliers I'm aware of have ever had any of the new Shiva or Tempest in stock.

CSS is getting some

Those are different drivers. The 'classic' Shiva and Tempest offered by CSS and Acoustic-Visions were/are? made by Eminence.

The wording on the CSS website and Acoustic-Visions forum is interesting

"Adire Audio has given us permission (thanks Dan Wiggins) to resurrect the Shiva 12 and the Tempest 15 from the original US factory as last built in 2004"

This says to me that Adire isn't involved with the production of these drivers. The way it's phrased makes me think several of the retailers got together and paid for a production run of the old driver designs from Eminence

The 'new' Shiva and Tempest listed on the Adire website are different drivers with different T/S parameters than the 'classic' models. No retailer I'm aware of has ever sold them. If they're available in Oz, I wonder where they're being built?

Greets!

I thought they bought a plant in either Chile or Argentina awhile back to make the new lines.

Evidently significant problems with CAC are the cause of the dilemma at Adire.

Reading between the lines it appears that all the 'Adire' home audio products are to be managed by Guru AV Design, the company that manages Hemp Acoustics. Adire will provide car audio products.

Rumor (and I stress the word 'rumor') is that Adire was virtually bankrupted by the venture to create CAC. Joining forces with Guru AV Design kept them a float.

There has been no word from Adire about any of this...so all we have are the rumors...

The 15" I've asked about is as per the specifications on their website. I believe that these are the same specs as on the Adire website. The fellow I spoke to confirmed thatthe drivers he had were the new specs....

Then grab a copy of Unibox and get to work. You're the first person I know to ever buy any of these new drivers, so we'll hope the published T/S parameter are those of the driver you get.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.