15 in small enclosure with eq

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm getting around ~10b down at 20Hz, which might be the best yet. With a bit of room gain and a 6db boost it might be pretty darn good.
Which is almost exactly what the sim I attached earlier shows.
14mm xmax is fine, I think.
As distortion is fairly proportional to excursion, and gets worse near the limits as coils start the leave the gap hard, and suspensions reach their limits, having twice the capability unused and a linear XBL motor makes much more sense to me.
If you want 6dB more output then you need twice the volume displacement for a given frequency.

Yes the Tempest, although slightly down on the Dayton at 20Hz is probably the better driver for the project given its greater xmax. So if there was an overall winner so far that's probably it. Actually I ran an Alpine driver than was 9db down, so that's the best yet, but the Tempest's xmax is tramping both of them by a fair margin, and would have to be at the top of the list currently. Not a bad price either.

Brett: Where in Aus are you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.