128w 8ohms X 2 amp, sound nice, great amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is not impossible to reach more than 400 watts over 2 ohms

You can see here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1506998#post1506998

I want you happy, and also want you to be proud of our www.diyaudio.com solid state forum... i have learned here all i know...i am one of the forum results..... enjoy a forum friend amplifier and please, be happy, dance, smile and make love as the last time in your life...enjoy the life, it is short!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_5698 small.jpg
    100_5698 small.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 881
I love deeply this Discovery Channel program

I do not loose any chapter.... missing that blond thin girl that was lovely and knew very well science and how to solder...and the one that was not pretty enougth to television image.... not happy with the new hair style into the blond Italian..... also the quality is going down..... they are only producing explosions now a days.

But i do not loose Mythbusters.... and i use to listen it in English to improve the language understanding..... i am loosing 30 percent... very bad understanding of US people speaking.

regards,

Carlos

Yeah...it can be used to HT and sub woofer

But i would prefer the Dx turbo that has more deep, more loosen, more long, less Hi fidelity bass reproduction but seems to be an "earthquake"..... depends on your musical taste...if you need precision...the exactly sound from the instrument, then go to the Precision I.....but if you prefer an oil barrel sound.... those long drums sound... alike those Japanese drums you can listen watching the movie Pearl Harbor...them the lower fidelity (in comparison with the Precision I) Dx Turbo, or even modified Dx Standard will be better.

Some filter into the input, or filtering into the amplifier feedback line would be interesting.... i have not made it...but two 2K2 resistances in series with the input and 220N between them to the ground may filter high frequencies very well...or attenuate them a lot.

Uops!>... thread not mine...talking too much here..sorry...i am going...... gone!

regards,

Carlos.

hi,

thanks to all.

i had few problem with resister and diods, it is not about the circuit fault, it was human error, means me. it was shorted very finely until i checked with my telescope eypiece and found when i had cut the board, there was a thin line can't see properly, so my diods got barned and two transistors too but when i changed it, i didn't see clearly that it was 1n4001, it is actually 50v...it dsn't works for it,,,it should be 1n4004 so i changed it again and it works fine, i did spend lots of time for it to works. its works fine until now. but there still much more to be done, i can understand this, you know i am not an electronics engineer. i will do it slowly and very pcncly. i also need to change the board for btr sound qualtiy. its already producing good sound without any noise. i still need to fine tune for power transister voltage.

i believe there is nothings is impossible. i will make it as a nice amp, it dsn't about the money or hows much i spend on it, it is call classic and art. i like the sound quality.

DX just mesion that "DX-terbo" has btr sound quality, i would like to try it even, where can i find dx-tarbo circuit?

i like to take risk in electronics. like to learn too.

thank you again for all those words writen in this forum. i just loved it.

regards
michael

Dx Turbo has not better quality compared to Precision I it is a piece of junk

Dx Amplifier and Dx Turbo have a different bass.... worse bass if you think in high fidelity...it is longer than normal.... loosen, uncontroled but deep as the last down deep Hell cave..with the voice of thousand Dragons spelling fire by the enormous woofer noses!...the sound of the damn earthquake, the voice of devil in the hell... the thunderstorm.

It is not so High quality as Precision I...but there are folks that loves it.

I would use Dx Turbo for subwoofer purposes, HRII for treble front and hear channels and will let the mids for the Precision I... all those units plays nice sound...but each one of them have the strongest points.... those three together will result unbeatable in my point of view....of course will depend the speaker and home ambience, home acoustics, and also a good ballance of levels into those three main frequency bands.

regards,

Carlos

hai, space2000

you have worng way!;) ;)

you should try the fisrt version (DX Vanilla)==>DX HRII and than DX Precision I.
so you can feels the inprovement.

next project is DX Precision I! but for couple weeks from now i'm going to busy. so maybe the project will take a long time to finished:( :(

this is my Vanilla
my.php

and this is my DX HRII
my.php

i have the symasym too. But i will not disturb every body.
the three amplifier is have point ++.

@Destroyer X
uncle, you have a friend. i guest only you who can make a ugly board.:D :D
just kidding uncle!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Dx Turbo is the same Dx Amplifier schematics you may find at Greg Home page and

also deeply explored into the long Dx Amplifier, my amplifier thread.

The same circuit had transistors updated, so, using the same transistors Precision 1 is using, bigger voltage to electrolitic condensers, half watt resistances and 3 to 6 pairs of transistors into the output, depending the voltage and power choice.

Was tested till 70 volts, and worked fine, and the power will depend your voltage and your load impedance... you speaker impedance.

Also a small resistance of 2K2 that feed current to the input zener is increased to 3K9, 4K7 or 5K6 depending the voltage increased from the 35 volts reference, that is the standard voltage, when you use 2K2 to feed the zener with current.

I think a good idea is to try it into 35 volts first, to listen and evaluate the sonics, and them increase it to high power, substituting electrolitic condensers (higher voltage) and all needed stuff.

The Dx Amplifiers was deeply explored and discussed into a long thread, i will apologize in advance but will not feel happy to repeat all the same old song about it, as was already discussed, written, drawn ,explained, and of course posted in this same forum.

The power will depend the voltage selected to use, also the output pairs quantity.

Each output transistor will need its own emitter resistance, and the value will be 0.47 or 0.33 ohms, and also depending the operation voltage... and each power transistor will need it's own base resistance.

If you decide to assemble i will help you informing the modifications needed to your specific voltage and output speaker impedance, and also the application to the amplifier.... you have to inform, in advance, the voltage you have and the kind of application, but please, do not do that if have doubts to build not to make me waste my time producing special customized amplifiers to someone have doubts if will build or not.

The Precision is already made, tested and will be good to almost all applications, so the use of the old and nice sounding Dx Amplifier is a choice that depends on you...but i will repeat, i have made 27 customized designs and only 3 guys have built...i hope you have strong decision and will be different when compared to the 24 guys undecided i have asking customized things and have never build nothing.

Visit the thread, study the amplifier, and only come to me if really decided.

Here you have an option to 55 plus 55 volts.... power is around 250 watts RMS into this unit.... the power depends on the voltage applied, and you can use more... tested till 70, but there are one friend operating it with 85 volts and having 690 watts RMS from it...each channel, and without distorting.

The input transistors selection will depend the voltage...this one uses 2N5401 ... the VAS is 2SC4793, the drivers are 2SC4793 and 2SA1837 and the output is 2SC5200 and 2SA1943.... each voltage will need some attention from me...your friend at your service.

Into Orkut you have a huge bank of informations too... thousands of pictures and schematics and ideas post there..also tips and tricks and tutorials... unfortunatelly in portuguese language.

http://www.orkut.com/Album.aspx?uid=15558228424290132321&aid=1207485583

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dx turbo 55 volts.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 220
Sakis is a lost case

The Chinese guy is kind.... i found, not a very good game made with him.

When we have more intimate relationship, those things are seen, understood, perceived, as friendly jokes.... a friendly provocation as a joke....but to someone new in the spot this may be perceive as not kind.

But sometimes we can see some "poison"... some destructive criticism.... i hope was not the intention....well.... Sakis said that kidding.

My dear friend Sakis.... i will be kidding with you now..... will point my double barreled to you, just kidding and pull the kidding trigger...booom!...hehehehe...... sorry!.... was kidding!

Carlos

the truth

is and i will say this once more that it was made as a joke and i have to add to it that me and for sure others in the forum constructed the same way some times in the past .....

it was only a joke ..... no hard feelings for any one and please lets use this joke to make our amps better and thats it !!!!!

as about you my friend Carlos i can take any joke that comes from you with joy !!!!!

( as i also take from you all the input in the forum which is expirience ,knowledge and very precise comments about very importand things ..... except me i thing also others in thE forum the minimoum we have to say to you is THANK YOU !!!!!!! )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.