11th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2014

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what, no fish? :D

my standby guy hasn't been lucky the last few days, otherwise I'd have at least a couple of small springs to offer, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay for it -

- couple of pairs of speakers - mostly the same ole, I think
- TPA3116 amp
- a salad or two,
- a bottle or two of red - Argentinian or Chilean Malberc / Cabernet Sauvignon, most likely - nothing too fancy, schmancy)

what, no fish? :D

I am still hoping, but as I mentioned, I was shorted 2 on the last order. Those two were destined for the Island.

Guys we need to help with other food items too, not just dinner on Saturday. I am hoping Ruth will email me later and we can assign some items to make sure Dave and Ruth aren't carrying the load.

Jeff, you're bringing cakes!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Regrettably, I will yet again be unable to attend this annual event. I had really hoped to have the time to build the MLTLs that Scott and Dave designed for me and bring them to this year's event. Alas, it didn't happen and the event snuck up so quickly that I had no time to plan for it (get permission from wifey).

My goal is next year. Hope you all have a great time and please take lots of photos. Always a good chuckle to look at the ones from previous years. :)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I am thinking you should go out into the shed and shoot yourself. Life is not complete without attendance at the Van Isle Fest.

Tell SWMBO, that a long lost relative is dying. You know, the one she wouldn't like because he's...whatever, make something up.

See you there.

I was dumb enough to tell her about the Fest. So now there's no lying about it. :(

After 14 years of marriage, you'd think I would have figured it out by now.

Last edited:
A frayed knot. It'll be a quick 24 hour turn around.

What Renos? When I was at your place a few months ago I was scared to touch anything it was so spotless and new looking.

well then I guess you already saw the new roof, paint, sun deck, railings, awning

and yes, except for the two rooms over which I've given complete domain, it's always tended to be tidy - and now that Suze is retired ....

obligatory insanity :eek:

Yes, I've noticed Vancouver Island does that to people. I was up at Scott's not too long ago and by golly the next thing we knew, the sun was coming up and we still had beer to drink. He has a nice house and a nice beer tap system. Almost endless, just like our humour and good looks that night.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.