100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I share several hexfet amplifiers A9, FX14, HV23... with or without drivers, F100 is upgrade with BJT or mosfet drivers version, HV23 is without drivers but with 30mA bias in VAS... FH9 with 20mA bias in VAS can drive 2 output pairs without drivers.
There is F250 (mosfet version of SR250).

I feel much better now :)

FH9(HV) complete

I'm now going to bundle all data (schematic, layout, gerber, BoM) on the recent level of FH9(HV). I will not count up the version number, but make a difference between the 'standard' version rails 35V to xxV? and the 'high voltage' version xxV? to 52V called as FH9 and FH9HV.
In case you have better ideas, please let it know me! I also expect some suggestions for 'xxV'.

After you provided me with all data, I can do it rather easily. There is only one thing, I don't have: a schematic which can be edited. xrk971, you must have a schematic from u simulations. Ofc I don't know in which program u did it. Maybe u can tell me the program and provide the working file? In case, the schematic is in eagle, it would be great!

Hello xrk971!
I'm sorry, but your name was rather hidden in my post. It would be nice if u could give a contribution!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hello Sonal
greetings is it possible to share sprint LAY files for 2 pair version
nothing like a try
warm regards
Andrew

This is the old layout that Sonal is working on to correct the flipped electrolytics on. I am looking at it and can't find any other errors, and do see that it is a beautiful layout otherwise. If one was in a hurry, this could be used with a manual (note to self) to flip power rail electrolytics and it should work. It's a surprisingly compact and simple 250w amp though.

560585d1468736094-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier-fh11-ver1.02.png

This is the old layout that Sonal is working on to correct the flipped electrolytics on. I am looking at it and can't find any other errors, and do see that it is a beautiful layout otherwise. If one was in a hurry, this could be used with a manual (note to self) to flip power rail electrolytics and it should work. It's a surprisingly compact and simple 250w amp though.

Sprint file for FH11. Pdf files will be shared after andrewlebon has tested it.

@andrewlebon If you use with voltage rail of 55v or less then use 1000uF/63v instead of 680uF and 47uF/63v instead of 22uF.

There was one more mistake MJE340 was in place of BD140 and MJE350 in place of BD139.

Attachments

• FH11 Ver1.02.png
    FH11 Ver1.02.png
    648.1 KB · Views: 5,760
  • FH11-Schematic-v1.0.png
    FH11-Schematic-v1.0.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 37,540
  • FH11 Ver1.02.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 844
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Sonal Kunal - thanks! Looks fantastic. :D

560703d1468819884-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier-fh11-ver1.02.png

It's very convenient that pin outs for BD139/140, KSC3503/KSA1831, MJE340/350 are the same. Note that on VHEX+ amp, vzaichenko drives a pair of IRFP's with a single KSC/KSA just fine so it may still be suitable to use those drivers. I believe they may have slightly better noise/performance figures over the MJE's.

I have both so it's not an issue - just wondering which will give best performance.

Last edited:
It's very convenient that pin outs for BD139/140, KSC3503/KSA1831, MJE340/350 are the same. Note that on VHEX+ amp, vzaichenko drives a pair of IRFP's with a single KSC/KSA just fine so it may still be suitable to use those drivers. I believe they may have slightly better noise/performance figures over the MJE's.

I have both so it's not an issue - just wondering which will give best performance.

Then you should get KSC2690A/KSA1220A.

Sprint file for FH11. Pdf files will be shared after andrewlebon has tested it.

@andrewlebon If you use with voltage rail of 55v or less then use 1000uF/63v instead of 680uF and 47uF/63v instead of 22uF.

There was one more mistake MJE340 was in place of BD140 and MJE350 in place of BD139.

Thats a wonderful layout sonal:cheers::up:. very compact.. As Mr. Mile says, if it can be made to fit 100mmx 60mm or even 75mm, it will become pcbway/seedstudio friendly;)
reg
prasi

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
When I was making layout I visualized mounting holes on all corners. But with 100x60mm, pcb mounting hole at top is not possible.

I'll make two version.

Regards
Sonal

I wouldn't dare ask to make it smaller :)

If it helps, I am using 1W 0.47R supply resistors in F9HV and they are not even warm. I also don't need/use screw holes on the edge with the OPS.

Beautiful and very builder friendly design though. The 100mmx60mm will mean qnty 10 for $10 from PCBWay :D

I would like to mention that MPSA92 transistor will be getting quite hot when using high voltage rails and it will require a heatsink, which may present a challenge to some, since it is in a TO-92 package. An alternative would be to use a different transistor in a bigger TO-126 package instead.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I would like to mention that MPSA92 transistor will be getting quite hot when using high voltage rails and it will require a heatsink, which may present a challenge to some, since it is in a TO-92 package. An alternative would be to use a different transistor in a bigger TO-126 package instead.

Hmm... KSA1381?