100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Some Progress on adapted Borys board : Input transistors, Vas and driver transistors are not yet soldered

Attachments

• P1050286.JPG
    P1050286.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,764
  • P1050291.JPG
    P1050291.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,691
  • P1050290.JPG
    P1050290.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,613
  • P1050294.JPG
    P1050294.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,558
but soldering them isn't for old folks!
I am an old geezer and I used tweezers, that and a headset for the tough ones. If you use 1206/1210 it is real easy.
Melt a small bit of 0.015" solder on one pad, place, re-heat solder/place,cool and you have one pad down..Then solder the other lead/pad fast and your done.
1206/1210 are bigger than 0805 so they do not tombstone as easy. You do not even have to press down in the middle
Better to have two irons to remove, it is a cinch, way easier than PTH

Nice work, do you use some extra tools for work with smd parts?
Regards

Not at all, only classical middle quality solder station with 0.8mm tips and a classical pliers

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I dispose a little bit solder on one pad, maintain the smd part with the plier and solder first where i put solder on pad. Then i solder the other parts end. Really not a mess. Parts are 1206 type so really not the smaller.

Marc

Not at all, only classical middle quality solder station with 0.8mm tips and a classical pliers

I dispose a little bit solder on one pad, maintain the smd part with the plier and solder first where i put solder on pad. Then i solder the other parts end. Really not a mess. Parts are 1206 type so really not the smaller.

Marc

Tools like this

Attachments

• Naglavna-lupa-sa-svetlom.jpg
    Naglavna-lupa-sa-svetlom.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 283
My AX11 sounds very liquid like a SE amp but with lots of bass. The range is very wide and transparent. I took the input 10uf cap out for the reason that my tube pre had a big cap on it. I know I don't have any DC at the output. I love this mod. If anyone uses a tube pre, try this but your tube pre has to be with low inpedence and high Z out.

My AX11 sounds very liquid like a SE amp but with lots of bass. The range is very wide and transparent. I took the input 10uf cap out for the reason that my tube pre had a big cap on it. I know I don't have any DC at the output. I love this mod. If anyone uses a tube pre, try this but your tube pre has to be with low inpedence and high Z out.

What speakers is in your setup?

Congratulations!
Nice job.
Can you share this pcb in pdf please?

Joined under but remerber that i haven't fire-up up to time....

Attachments

• BG2_Miniamp_schematic.pdf
    18.5 KB · Views: 940
  • BG2_Miniamp_top.pdf
    44.9 KB · Views: 758
  • BG2_Miniamp_top_wout_tracks.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 622
  • BG2_Miniamp_bottom.pdf
    25 KB · Views: 598