$1000 2-Way Recommendation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New Kit

Exodus Audio's Kevin Haskins recently released the first of a line of kits that will be sold direct to the customer. There are a fair amount of designs out there and some are quite good, but it's often a crap-shoot in selecting the right one. The "Kepler" speaker, named after some minor Celestial Mechanic named John Kepler, does (IMHO) represent a good value, perhaps a great value, in a kit speaker.
A couple of months ago, SoundStage! online magazine released a review of the Kepler, complete with measurements done at Canada's National Research Center.
If you're interested, the following URL will take you to the review:

http://www.soundstage.com/diwhy/diwhy.htm

Best Regards,
TerryO
Standard Disclaimer: Kevin Haskins and I are long-standing friends and while I am in no way connected to his company, I did heavily participate in the prototype phase of the development. In spite of this obvious handicap, Kevin was still able to bring out a very good design. :D

Re: Re: $1000 2-Way Recommendation?

peter_m said:

Don't know helpful my post can be but Zaph is planing in the next few months to release an updated version of the ZD5 and possibly in a translam curved enclosure. When exactly and how many months... only Zaph might know. And I say "might" because he never imposes a deadline on himself... why should he... It's a hobby.

Peter

Will the new design use the same drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.