10" cabinet transformation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Subwoofer plans will be on ice now for a moment, heh.
Opened up my main speakers today to add some sealing gaskets to the drivers and terminal panel. I have always had a feeling that they played less bass than they should, because when I listened to the designer's pair at his place they were really not bass-shy as mine have been. I have just assumed they needed some hundred hours to burn-in properly but still, too little bass. Also when I turned them against eachother with ~1cm distance between speakers, wired them out of phase, it was still loud enough to be disturbing when playing bass notes.

Well, back to opening the speakers. First speaker I did was all fine but the upper woofer in the second speaker was wired out of phase. I guess I was in such a hurry to get them up and running I didn't double-check the polarity. Now I have twice as much bass as before and difference is HUGE! I can't believe I'm listening to the same set of speakers! If I had 6.5" woofers now I have 8" or even bigger now it feels like.

Sorry for the horrible grammar, I'm just so excited!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.