Computer monitor output super noisy compared to phone output!

I recently upgraded my computer monitor to a koorui monitor and my amplifier I use for my speakers to a TPA3116 however when I plug it into my computer monitor audio output I get a horrible electronic stuttering wirring sound which is horrible for the ears especially when the audio is at a low volume. When I plug in the amp to my phone however, that noise is not there and there is a very soft hiss which I was expecting anyway. How can I fix the horrible noise from my computer monitor?

If you have much more gain than you need and if the amplifier has no volume control, possibly with an attenuator at the amplifier input.

Otherwise possibly by experimenting with the way the cables are laid out, or with a makeshift low-pass filter at the amplifier input, if it is due to out-of-band stuff being frequency converted to audio frequencies.

Is the monitor output a line output or a headphone output?

If you have much more gain than you need and if the amplifier has no volume control, possibly with an attenuator at the amplifier input.

Otherwise possibly by experimenting with the way the cables are laid out, or with a makeshift low-pass filter at the amplifier input, if it is due to out-of-band stuff being frequency converted to audio frequencies.

Is the monitor output a line output or a headphone output?
20240504_215715.jpg
It just says "audio" and thw switching psu and monitor psu are plugged into the same outlet on an extension block. What confuses me is that it works fine on my phone and synth which is also plugged into the wall... EDIT: I also plugged it into my the lineout socket from my pc and get the same sound!

You have a problem with the monitor power supply, ie it does not have a ground connection to the monitor, so the monitor is ungrounded. A ground connection to the monitor may help, but SMPS and audio gets messy. Your phone has no noise because it has no connection to ground. It may help to lift the amplifier ground. You have to break the ground loop somehow. But we still do not have the full picture. Does the computer not have a audio output? Grounding problems can be difficult, which is why some people resort to transformers and balanced in/out.

Reactions: 1 user
You have a problem with the monitor power supply, ie it does not have a ground connection to the monitor, so the monitor is ungrounded. A ground connection to the monitor may help, but SMPS and audio gets messy. Your phone has no noise because it has no connection to ground. It may help to lift the amplifier ground. You have to break the ground loop somehow. But we still do not have the full picture. Does the computer not have a audio output? Grounding problems can be difficult, which is why some people resort to transformers and balanced in/out.
I connected it to my pc line out with my monitor turned off and it still persisted. I also analysed the lineout on the scope and when the audio signal pkpk was 12v at max volume, if I kept the volume and turned off the audio the noise pkpk was 5ish volts