XRK Imposters on AliExpress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember all those headphone amps you built by hand? I have to wonder if an other than adversarial relationship could be established. I have to believe not everyone's a crook, even in China. Maybe that's just "head in the clouds" thinking...on the other hand, where do all those iPhones come from? Taiwan? Singapore?

I suppose you could have as great a sounding design as could possibly be, but without a believable sales forecast and distribution channels, their only motive would be to steal everything you have.

I'm not and never have been a businessman - and it shows.

XRK (the one here), is your firm successful enough that it would attract copycats? If so, congratulations! I've been an occasional buyer on AliExpress, Ebay, etc. over the years. I'm no expert in infringement, of course, but seems to me a copycat will typically make a knockoff of a popular item and rename or alter it just enough to avoid the wrath of the attorneys. E.g. your product would be renamed "XRX" or something not yet taken.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
@Cal, no worries, man. Thanks for letting me know though.

@Soldermizer, I am not one to judge my own success but my presence on DIYA and Etsy has ended up giving me many commercial audio projects where I am the lead designer and has given me my own manufacturer’s forum.

My most recent product, the Warp-1 amp was based on my RTR TPA3255 amp and BTSB buffer offered in my shop. The amp has received good reviews…

REVIEW – The LSA Warp 1 Power Amplifier – Reviews | TONEAudio MAGAZINE

The FH9 amp that I co-developed with other DIYers on the Apex thread has definitely been lifted. Down to the same benign error on the schematic and layout. :)

https://m.aliexpress.com/i/32861408197.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.