Welcome to XRK Audio

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
Welcome to my new vendor's forum for XRK Audio. I will be transitioning a lot of the items currently in the GB forum to here. Looking forward to chatting with all of you. In case you have not been to my shop, please have a look around. It is here:

https://xrkaudio.etsy.com

Please use this link to go to my shop directly.

Cheers,
X

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks, guys!

It’s a big blank slate and wondering what project to put up here first. I have so many. Our team has been involved over the past months with several new products.

I think there are five basic areas: preamplifiers, headphone amplifiers, power amplifiers, speakers, and power supplies and other accessories.

But wait! There may even be digital sources in the near future.

Yes, busy, busy...

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thank you, all, for the well-wishes and kind words. I have been busy in audio but that’s a good thing. What I do is only possible with the kind help of the terrific folks on my team.
Both Jhofland and JPS64 have been instrumental in my state of the art electronic designs and the superb layouts that go along with them. Members Vunce and Zman01 have also been of tremendous help with building verifications of the circuits and also on providing user experience feedback on the product functionally or assembly process as beta testers. Many of my amp designs were originated or developed by Hugh Dean (AKSA) and through his generosity, the DIY community has some really nice sounding amps. Hugh’s amp designs are personally, some of my favorite power amps and headphone amps.

There have also been many other folks who have contributed in one way or another: Keantoken, Itsallinmyhead, Agdr, Donhills, Dibya, Bwaslo, Byrtt, Prasi, Apex Audio,... I would like to extend a warm thank you to all of you who have made my audio journey possible. It really is a team effort because all of this is much too much for any one person to do. :cheers:

Last edited:
X,
Glad to see a place for you to group your projects together. If I could make a few suggestions ( and I am always willing to assist when I open my big mouth). It would be nice to create separate post for each product offering and then populate it with links to the - build forum, group buy forum, schematics,and bom. It would also be nice to offer build guides like 6l6 does on the Pass forum. While it is good for people to seek out information, sometimes you just have to cave and avoid future distraction of people asking where to find information. If Vunce wouldn’t mind a sidekick I would be willing to submit build documentation for upcoming projects from my bench. For new projects I have no need for I would be willing to build, document and then sell the finished product on the product forum to recoup on cost of materials.

Bill

Hi X,

Congratulations and all the best with this endeavour. Your postings are always excellent, and having dealt with you personally can only praise your patience with a noob. I may only have two of your PCBs, but will look forward to see more of your products.

I too would be very interested in a flat pack of the foam-core cabinet if you ever decide to do that; including the drivers if possible.

Regards, Kevin

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Guys,
I have had several votes for foam core flat packs. Which speaker are you guys most interested in as a flat pack? I assume it’s the 0.53x Karlsonator?
This box can use either single PA130-8 or dual TC9FD for 4ohm or dual 3FE25-16 for 8ohm amp impedance. Or should it be the much smaller 0.4x scale with single TC9FD? That’s a great starter project and more suitable for complete beginners. Could make them at birthday party activity. :)