Welcome to XRK Audio

Jhofland and JPS64
These guys do very nice layouts. Together with Hugh in the boat, that´s quite a team!

Hard to suggest something if you don´t know the demands too well.
Your shop already has a broad offering.
You probably want people to buy more than PCB.
Sort of in a modular fashion, so you can setup your amp, preamp, hpa with everything that´s needed (div. PSUs, +-15V regs., buffer etc.)
Maybe even (opt.) in combo with suitable aluminium enclosures.

Having a nice presence that spreads around helps to attract people who want their boards/speakers finished. Finished speaker cabinets, (pre-)populated PCBs.

With your layout team I could see you´d make a great class-D design with GaN-Fets (which do sell with quite a bit of margin but probably need quite an evaluation as well) but then I´m not sure of the demand and your focus seems to be more towards "serious" with class-A/AB.

Interesting that you mention GaN Class D amps! :)
I smell competition and that´s always good to bring prices down at least a little!

Continuously adjustable two way analog crossover with Linkwitz transform and two sub-woofer outputs?
I dare say that this is not an easy road doing it analogue.
Comes with too many compromises.
If I were you, I´d go with DSP.

If you can do without "adjustable" it´s easy enough.
Use maybe discrete buffers for most filters (I have two simple designs in the making; diamond buffer + FET) and opamps for linkwitz-transform+notch.
But although this is somewhat of a generic active crossover, I wouldn´t try to sell something like that. Too complicate for the average DIYer to set up!?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Oh and congratulations on the sub forum, you are a real asset to the community!

Thank you for kind words Mordikai! I would go with DSP - it makes setup
a lot simpler. If you want to be able to tweak the DSP to your heart’s content, get the Analog Devices ADAU1452 evaluation kit and use the Sigma Studio suite to program it. It’s GUI based and very nice. You get 8ch system with analog in/out and optical SPDIF in/out.

This is great news X! Congratulations. :cheers:
Are you now trading your night job for a day job?

I have built several of your projects and it was always such a pleasure and positive experience dealing with you – from holding my noob hands to buying on your Etsy shop. You have also brought together an incredible team to help develop and bring fantastic projects to this community. Looking forward to many more.

Hi Guys,
I have had several votes for foam core flat packs. Which speaker are you guys most interested in as a flat pack?
I would most certainly recommend the 0.53x dual 3FE25 16 ohm build, as well as the 0.4x TC9FD build.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thank you, Twocents, Cal, and DTG!

Twocents - thanks for the inpu: 0.40x would make for a very quick and easy project. Low cost too.

Cal - my first real speaker project was the Cornu horn and that’s when we first crossed paths. I was totally new to audio back then.

DTG, I have designed several speakers for the Betsy/BetsyK driver but never had a chance to listen to one. A large Cornu with a Betsy would be something else!

Cheers,
Viet

Cool! Congrats on the new digs!

It will be good to have one place to organize all your projects. You have so many cool and interesting designs, and you pump them out so fast without sacrificing quality.

But sometimes it's hard to find the most current thread, BOM, schematic, layout, construction notes, startup/biasing procedures, etc. Hopefully this new dedicated XRK Audio forum will help with that.

Congrats, and I'm looking forward to building my modular amp (1 chassis with PS made for easy swap out of Pass/FW designs plus your AN and others) using your SLB PS, SFP soft start, and Gen 2 RTR speaker protection modules!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks, guys!

Please feel free to add to or start a thread on any product and your can help me to organize the most recent schematics and BOM etc for each item that you find of interest. I know it’s a lot of work but your help would be greatly appreciated.

The big ones are the SLB, BTSB, Yarra, Aksa Lender, SFP, RTR SSR, Alpha Nirvana, FH9HVX, TPA3255, ...

Xrk, thank you for all the creative projects you've shared here over the years. I wish your enterprise success! If I may make one suggestion, if you will be selling the foam board speakers, make you you have a disclaimer that people shouldn't sit on them or otherwise place heavy objects thereupon :D

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for the kind words, Soldermizer. Yes, I'll get some warning self adhesive stick on labels with "Caution: No Sitting on the Foamcore Speakers!" :)

Just a suggestion, if you ever sell the flat packs, make it a complete kit. Including speaker, speaker connector, stuffing, even wire. Dads can built it with sons and daughters in the evening. From start to finish all included. All parts. Perhaps not glue or glue gun. I hate it when I buy a kit, and something is not included, and I am close to completion, and can not hear it, just because I am waiting for some other part to arrive.