• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Magnets!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For now I ended up putting 'em in a couple of 1/4 ft3 sealed boxes xo-ed at about 200 Hz. Even with less than ideal alignment the sound is coming along.
I'm working on the OBs, based on the simple half-sheet plywood plans on the website. I will be mitering the edges of the panels to give them a more finished look.
The instructions call out angling the wings to about 45 degrees. Do you expect a sonic penalty from closing the angle to 60 degrees, thereby presenting a visually narrower, less imposing image?
(The lady of the house commented on how attractive the plyboo center panels looked, propped up against the workbench after making the driver holes but I'm afraid some of that enthusiasm may wane when close to a half sheet of bamboo plywood appears either side of the TV.)
Karl

GM

Joined 2003
The instructions call out angling the wings to about 45 degrees. Do you expect a sonic penalty from closing the angle to 60 degrees, thereby presenting a visually narrower, less imposing image?

FWIW you can calculate the baffle's directivity control to see at ~what frequency the different angles changes the beginning of baffle step loss: F = 10^6/[wall angle * mouth width].

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.