• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Purp, purp, purp ..... Purpleheart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of my lumber suppliers was able to locate a nice slab of 18" wide Purpleheart (Amaranth / Peltogyne) hardwood for me .....

Purpleheart_3_small.jpg

I have enough to make a couple of pairs of Betsy baffles and a single Alpha bass baffle.

These speakers and some other new additions can be found here on the "available speakers" page of my website.

Happy listening,
Randy

Last edited:
Randy,

Nice website. Lots of info and pics of baffles. Not a lot of info on the drivers. Are drivers commercial, T/S parameters, available separately, etc.

Myles

Hi Myles,

The only primary driver I use in my creations is the Wild Burro Audio Betsy ..... which has totally captured my heart and ears ..... :)

The supplemental bass drivers I use are all Eminence Alpha 10", 12" and 15" drivers which are great bang for the buck.

Best wishes and happy listening,
Randy

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.