• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Stereo Times review of Betsy baffles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Caintuck Audio Betsy baffles were recently reviewed in Stereo Times ... :cool:

The review can be found here.

My thanks to Frank at Stereo Times for the very favorable review and to Douglas at Wild Burro Audio for making the Betsy drivers available at a price that allows music lovers to enjoy some great sound without having to mortgage their home to do so ..... :D

Happy listening,

Randy

Randy;

I spoke with you about the Wild Burro Audio Betsy about 5 weeks ago.
I enjoyed our conversation, in particular, your candor and honesty were quite refreshing - Shocking even.

For those of you reading this, Randy actually told me because of my woodworking skill, equipment, and shop, that I should consider building my own bafles.

I also enjoyed our discussion on music as it pertained to the strengths and weaknesses of the Betsy.

Well, I received my Wild Burro Audio drivers from Douglas Stauffer yesterday. They arrived packed very well and damage free. Since they sat for several hours on my porch in sub 20° temperatures I resisted the urge to run a signal through them. I did however take a measurement of their impedance. Both measured exactly 5.5 ohms - I would say that qualifies as a matched pair!

I will build some baffles later next week and report back.

Attachments

• 20161121_121016.jpg
    20161121_121016.jpg
    898.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 20161121_120010.jpg
    20161121_120010.jpg
    999.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 20161121_121052.jpg
    20161121_121052.jpg
    1,005.9 KB · Views: 265
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.