• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Sapele Betsy baffles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another addition to the Betsy baffle family ..... :)

My local lumber supplier has a steady inventory of 3/4" Sapele wood in widths that work for the Betsy baffles .....

Sapele_Betsy_single_small.JPG

Larger photo here.

Happy listening,

Randy

Last edited:
Hi Xaborus,

Unfortunately, the supplier who I obtained the Tigerwood stock from has not been able to get it in 18" widths.

Truthfully, most of the nice hardwoods that I originally offered have become very hard to get in 18" widths.

So, the only things I have been able to offer recently is the Sapele and the red oak plywood in various stains.

Interestingly enough, the Sapele is similar to the Tigerwood when a linseed oil / beeswax finish is applied to both.

Sapele_07202016_small.JPG

Gonco_Alves_finished_small.JPG

If this would be of any interest to you, send me an email at the address on my website.

Best wishes,

Randy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.