• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Caintuck Audio storefront

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As of 12/31/2015 I officially retired from the IT industry ..... :D

It is now time to have some fun and pursue something near and dear to my heart. I will be opening a small storefront in Alexandria, KY sometime between January 20th and February 1st ..... as soon as the remodeling is done.

Of course, loudspeakers based on the Betsy driver will be the mainstay of the business as well as some digital and analog front end equipment, amplifiers (including Flea Watt, the Spud and Decware items), some interconnects and other AudioQuest products and CDs and vinyl (including the Stockfisch Audio line).

It will be a laid back environment where visitors can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and some fine tunes ..... open from noon until 10 or 11 PM most days to accommodate music lovers ..... :cool:

I have been spending my spare time over the past few months getting some inventory together for the storefront and in addition to the basic plywood open baffle speakers I will be offering Betsy drivers in some nice solid hardwoods.

Gonco_Alves_finished_small.JPG

Red_oak_finished_small.JPG

Red_oak_back_finished_small.JPG

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Curly_red_oak_finished_small.JPG

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If any forum readers happen to find themselves in Kentucky (right across the river from Cincinnati, OH), please stop in to say hi and enjoy a beverage, some tunes and some conversation ..... :)

Up to date storefront information will be available on my website.

Happy listening,

Randy

Thanks guys ..... :)

The construction crew has been waiting for the electrical inspector to come and give his blessing to the storefront.

Apparently, that has happened and when I peeked in the front window yesterday the carpet had been installed ..... so it looks like we are getting close ..... :cool:

As soon as I get the word to move in, things will happen quickly since I have everything ready to set up.

Photos and additional info to follow .....

Happy listening,

Randy

Well ..... the storefront is up and running ..... :D

The location, hours of operation and other information can be found on my website.

If you would like to hear Betsy based open baffle speakers paired with various amplifiers (Flea Watt, the Spud, Decware SE84UFO and Rachael), plan a road trip to Alexandria, KY.

I have two demo rooms, the main one is 17' x 35' with an 11.5' ceiling.
The second is 12' x 12' to let a visitor hear what the speakers sound like in a smaller space.

Front end equipment is vinyl, CD and computer based (via the AudioQuest DragonFly USB DAC).

A nice selection of Stockfisch CDs and a few vinyl offerings are in house.

Please feel free to bring your own music and plan to stay as long as you wish to sample the various front end and amplifier options.

Coffee, tea and bottled water are available for guests ..... :yummy:

Happy listening,

Randy

Hi Norman,

I have tried a variety of tweeters with the Betsy drivers in my baffles and have concluded that everything is just fine without them ..... especially with most digital sources.

Since the Betsy driver is only down a few DB out to 20K, the high end is more than adequate and very "civilized" to my ears ..... :cool:

I still offer the baffles with a tweeter if a customer requests it, but most of the buyers are happy with the single driver by itself.

To help those with questions about the Betsy baffles, I have added a page to my website that addresses some common questions as well as a few comments and my humble opinions ..... ;)

As to the phase plugs, I have not tried any. The speakers I am offering are designed to be simple and inexpensive while providing good sound for the dollar. If someone wants to experiment with phase plugs, they certainly have my blessing, but I am quite happy with the sound of the Betsy drivers in stock format.

Best wishes,

Randy

Last edited:
Sadly, no.

I came across a center channel (5" woofs run wide open, only a cap on tweet) at local pawn shop for $30. I used to run 3 for front home theater. I knew I liked them but at the time needed a system that would break 125db. I just ordered 2 more from ebay. Added foam around tweet (more super tweet really) and stuffed the ports. Pretty good crossed at 120hz from receiver. I look forward to getting the last one and upgrade cap and add fill if none.

Without the .1 sub output from processing, i've been missing a lot on movies for years.

But good luck to wild burro and everyone enjoy their drivers !!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.