• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Latest Betsy baffles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently attended the annual Decware Zen Fest in Peoria, IL.
It was a blast as usual ..... great music, people, food & drinks, etc. ... :cool:

One of the highlights for me was to hear a pair of the Betsy baffles I took with me paired with the new "UFO" transformer equipped Zen SE84 amplifier.
Two serious watts per channel really lights up the Betsy drivers and the sound stage was way over the top ..... highly recommended.

I have also found that pairing the Betsy drivers with a plate amp powered Hawthorne Audio Augie driver for open baffle bass is a very good sounding combination.

Here are a couple of the Betsy based baffles that made it to Peoria .....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I also took a pair of baffles that feature the Betsy driver with an Eminence Alpha 10" driver mounted below. The Betsy is powered by the main amplifier and the Alpha is powered by a plate amp for the low end.
Each channel has its own dedicated plate amp.
They sound pretty good to me and the 10" drivers are making some very tight and tuneful bass ..... another way to "skin a cat" ... :nod:

Anyone looking for a nice, musical system should certainly consider buying a pair of Betsy drivers, slapping them on a couple of boards and pairing them with the new Decware Zen amp.

Happy listening,

Randy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.