• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

My next iteration with Betsy and EA15 A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I am trying out another iteration with 2 slot loaded Alpha 15 woofers and Betsy. Really like what I hear. :)

Michael

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442169128.995920.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442169154.198077.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Randy,

The X-over is a Behringer DCX 2496. For Betsy I use a DIY Gainclone (Audiosector kit) and for the Alphas I use a DIY Chipamp (Chipamp.com LM3886 kit). In addition I use two bucket subs below 40Hz driven by a cheap class D amp (Behringer iNuke 3000 DSP).

I also have a Tubelab SSE amp that I want to try driving Betsy., as well as a Jerry's T-amp.

The baffle is 65mm thick (about 2 1/2 inches), which I laminated together from 3 layers of Pine plywood. It provides better stability than the solid Beech I used in an earlier prototype. The baffle is 450mm wide and 1116mm high. The slot for the woofers is 70mm wide, which gives about 1/3 of the woofers Sd.

Cheers

Michael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.