• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hardwood baffles for Betsy drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As part of my recently established hobby / business, I have been selling some flat pack baffles for the Betsy drivers and other driver combinations of my design.

Most of the baffles have been constructed of 3/4" red oak plywood with a rear mounted 2" x 12" base.

I have had some requests for baffles made from various hardwoods and located a supplier who can provide nice timber in 18" widths.

If anyone would be interested in a pair, here is what is available. The baffles are 22 1/2" tall x 18" wide. The base is 12" deep. I normally place the cutout hole for the Betsy driver dead center, but can place it elsewhere if desired.

Cherry - 1" thick

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Soft maple - 3/4" thick

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Walnut - 3/4" thick

Red oak - 3/4" thick

Tigerwood - 3/4" thick

Curly hard maple - 1" thick

Wenge - 3/4" thick

Curly red oak - 1" thick

Here is a rear photo of a baffle made for other drivers ..... obviously, the cutout for the Betsy is quite a bit smaller ..... ;)

The base price for 3/4" red oak plywood is 125.00.
For the hardwoods, add the amount indicated for the specific variety on my Options page.

Options page found here.

Screw holes for the base are countersunk with a Forstner bit and screws and hardwood buttons (to plug the holes) are included.

The baffles are shipped with no final finish ..... that is left up to the buyer.
Obviously, the grain pattern on every baffle is unique, but they are all very nice looking. There might be flaws on the backs of the baffles, but the fronts are pristine ..... :cool:

All that is needed (after finish is applied) is to pop your Betsy drivers into the holes, secure them and then sit back and enjoy the music ..... :D

Happy listening,

Randy

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.