• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Phase plugs for Betsy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Paul suggested i start a thread to let people know about these.

Due to an error* by the people that make my phase plug blanks i have about a dozen pair of plug blanks i'll sell.

*(they pulled out the B200 template to make FE16x plugs and i ended up with something that was in between, and work perfectly with the 2 pair of Betsy i have)

If i was to finish and retail these they would be $40/pr, i'd like to just move these out unfinshed for $20/pr (with or without pre-installed magnetic fixing).

Note that it is tricky to remove the dustcap without the whizzer following along. It is possible thou -- i will post pictures. If you remove the whizzer you end up with no dustcap.

I will also send a handfull of these to Paul so he can play with them, and maybe a lucky few can get them shipped with their drivers.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Pictures as promised.

dave

Attachments

• betsy-eN-comp.jpg
    betsy-eN-comp.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 444
nice EnABL & plug work - Dave, is the whizzer attached to the former such that if one opens up the dust-cap to see the former that careful hobby knife work will remove only the cap? (I removed the flat cap on Eminence's B102 and that dustcap/whizzer) part is supplied one-piece. Did it lose any top end extension? There ought to be someone who would machine metal plugs for a low cost? - - are there paper cones for 12" as nice as used in Betsy? - fwiw wish there were really good 12" fullrange with real 2mm xmax

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
nice EnABL & plug work - Dave, is the whizzer attached to the former such that if one opens up the dust-cap to see the former that careful hobby knife work will remove only the cap? (I removed the flat cap on Eminence's B102 and that dustcap/whizzer) part is supplied one-piece. Did it lose any top end extension? There ought to be someone who would machine metal plugs for a low cost? - - are there paper cones for 12" as nice as used in Betsy? - fwiw wish there were really good 12" fullrange with real 2mm xmax

Thanx Freddi. One can get the cap off without detaching the whizzer, but you have to get really careful as you approach the coil. On the 1st one i did, i loosened part of the whizzer which quickly made me realize tht i was dealing with the same issues as i had on Nanooks MISCO made HA FR8c (his whizzers were munched so he said just go a head and loose them). A little glue after the fact reattached the whizzer where it had come unattached. The 2nd one i was more careful with and got it done without that issue. One should consider some reinforcement of the joint regardless (a little modpodge works there -- i was from the get go modding them so the modpodge is just part of the routine anyway)

dave

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dave,
I just sent Paul the $ for a pair of each of the Betsy and BetsyK drivers. He doesn't have any phase plugs available for sale - have you got any of these left? I'm looking to mess with them one step at a time - tweeter experiments, mortite and/or felt on frame, modgepodge, etc. They might be my first enABL efforts as well!
Best regards,
Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.