• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Enclosure designs for Burro Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BIB Calculator

There is a thread on the "Full Range" speaker forum that contains a BIB calculator.(Excel)

Thread is Titled:
"Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks?"

Post Number 5017 from GM has the calculator to download.

JH

Yeah, the spreadsheet dimensions are big. I built my BIBs before GM came up with the formula, back when ScottMoose was calculating them one at a time. The dims I used (stated earlier) are lower volume and tuned lower. Theoretically, this results in a little less excursion control above the tuning frequency, and you can see that the bottom end is shaped a bit different. I had a pretty good sized room back then, and I got so much bass that I had to stuff the vents pretty thoroughly. I would only recommend the spreadsheet dims for someone with a huge room or a real love of bass.

Paul

I've got about twelve more minutes (before I need to head to a big band gig), so I'll make this quick. However, I have bunch of enclosure designs for my drivers that should be on my site. Here is a quick overview. I'll try to fill in pics and specs later on.

Betsy: The OB options are fairly straight forward, by herself or with a woofer. You can use her in a sealed box, but I'm not sure why you'd choose to do so. One unique option that came up in discussion is a small aperiodic box. It might be the smallest way to get a Burro speaker into your room, and with it, more sensitivity, dynamics and image size than you normally get in a bookshelf.

BetsyK: Sealed and vented options abound, but here are some more interesting things:

GM posted a 10:1 TQWT that looks great. If you can tolerate a wide cabinet with a decent sized footprint, it promises great performance and a very simple build. Specs to come.

Skinny quasi TQWT/TL: I designed a box for my brother in law after seeing the Zu Essence and liking the size. Mine is about 12x13x44". It is a very easy build with some advantages over a regular BR. I'm listening to a pair right now. I think this cabinet should be very, very popular. My in-laws are thrilled.

MooseBVR: ScottMoose was kind enough to simulate one of his double mouth BVR's for the BetsyK. I'll send you the dims if you want. I plan to build a pair. I meant to this fall, but the Skinny TQWT project got in the way.

BIB: My cabinets stayed in MN when I moved west. However, I can give you the specs I used (skinnier than the calculator produces). They are great fun.

I do plan to do a better, and more complete list than this thread. But, I wanted to get something fun up before folks get home from work!

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers
hey can you post the dimensions for the scott moose BVR?

Thanks! Sorry you think you need to apologize. ;) Hope your traveling went OK; a long time family friend got back from a business trip the other day and now quarantined with just a cold, so far. :(

Yeah, I wish we could edit indefinitely like some forums. I was searching through some of my old posts and found an error in one from years ago, so had to [re]post it.

GM

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.