• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shout-out to Dan of AKITIKA / updatemydynaco

I’d like to give a shout-out to Dan of “AKITIKA” and “Upgrademydynaco”. I have built his GT-102 amplifier (which I love) and bought all the upgrade kits for my Dynaco Pat 4 preamp except the tone control defeat. I have also bought some of his upgrades for my Dynaco Stereo 400 amp. I have been extremely satisfied with everything I have purchased from him and built. Putting these kits together has been easy (great instructions), fun and rewarding and everything works extremely well. I doubt I could even buy the components for these kits myself at the price he charges, not to mention the well-designed circuit boards and other hardware. With everything I have put together from him, the only hiccup on his side was one resistor which was supplied 10K instead of 100K. Within a few hours of e-mailing him an envelope with 2 resistors was in the mail to me. After operating my GT-102 for a few weeks, one channel went louder (with some distortion present). I e-mailed Dan and he replied a couple of hours later that I should check out the solder connections in the feed-back loop (letting me know the components in that loop). I re-flowed those connections and the problem went away. It’s not often that you can get that kind of support from the designer of the product, but that is what Dan gives. Keep up the good work Dan!