• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DUAL Merus MA12070 fully balanced Amplifier pictures inside

Joined 2008
Paid Member
What better means ?
Will a better THD guarantee you better timbers? Among so many other things ... I love the TPA325X but the MA12070 gave me a whole different listening feeling, and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Any way you could open the a20a up more? i have some upgraded OP amps for a04 and would like to know if there are upgradable OP amps in these models . thanks!

Any way you could open the a20a up more? i have some upgraded OP amps for a04 and would like to know if there are upgradable OP amps in these models . thanks!

I could not open the case anymore. It is pretty delicate to do and I don't want to avoid warranty ) I don't think you can update the OP amps, as far I know
it is using some OPA1678.

The amp sounds absolutely awesome in its stock version. It is the best "musical" Class D amp I have heard !

daniboun, can you explain to me the audible difference between the Sabaj amps and the Audiophonics boards you are using (at least I think they are Audiophonics)

Reason for asking is because I am looking for an affordable 8 channel power amp for a secondary system. I have to admit I have not been interested in amps for a while since my main system just sounds bloody good, no reason to change a thing. After a couple of years coming back on the topic I am surprised about the large variety of new class d options. It's almost impossible to see what is good and what is bad out there. Your review picked my interest, would like to know if there are any other good sounding boards with this chip (or any other) to build 8 channels in preferably one casing.

Hi,

Both are using the same chips MA12070. But the fact is : the Sabaj is really better, like the TPA325X, The Infineon Merus chip is really sensitive to the components that surround it. Sabaj has made a great amp with nice components, the PSU is a Meanwell (with PFC) and it is using some OPA1678 etc ...
The sound signature is pretty the same, but the Sabaj is absolutely dead silent and more "musical" with a incredible soundstage.

yes this was the info i was looking for . i was going to get an aiyima a07 but i think the sabaj not only has more power but is balanced and seems to have more attention done for sound quality. i just hope that infineon chip is as good sounding or better than the 3255 chip. especially with their implementation on the board.

Hi,

Both are using the same chips MA12070. But the fact is : the Sabaj is really better, like the TPA325X, The Infineon Merus chip is really sensitive to the components that surround it. Sabaj has made a great amp with nice components, the PSU is a Meanwell (with PFC) and it is using some OPA1678 etc ...
The sound signature is pretty the same, but the Sabaj is absolutely dead silent and more "musical" with a incredible soundstage.
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I'll just order one, you really got me curious

The MA12070 has a very different sound signature than the TPA325X. To my ears it is much closer to a class AB while keeping the precision of a good class D.
On the other hand, I noticed that the MA12070 requires a big break-in before taking advantage of its exceptional performance.(I presume that on my Sabaj the components needed to polarize). Check also my ASR review, you will find some other comments )

The price of kits is shown here and you need to add on 150RMB for fully assembled. We only sell them in pairs.

Transformer-fed TDA8932 25W/8R mono amp kits

I haven't done a comparison between my TDA8932 amp and a TDA3255 driving 4ohm speakers (my speakers are 8ohm). I have played with TDA3255 trying to get the SQ I like but gave up modding it as it was too much of a challenge to lose the HF harshness. So I would guess a TDA3255 would sound more forward, just a guess.

If your sound is harsh with the TPA3255 in the treble then you have one or more pitiful sounding equipment in your stereo. I bet you listen to LP's and CD player. Cos the TPA3255 has a very clear detailed and precise treble - so it shows the shortcomings of your source or speakers.

The TPA3255 does not have harsh highs. I refuse to discuss this cos it is a fact. Despite the distortion numbers I have heard many TPA3255 amps with different sources & speakers. While I'm writing I'm listening to my modded TPA3255 and have crystal clear highs, even my Accuphase power amp sounds more fuzzy in the treble and that with a much darker sound! The TPA destroys the Accuphase in terms of soundstage/3D/detail/speed/bass tightness/space around instruments. The greatest difference is the speed of the TPA3255, the Accuphase sounds soooooo sloooooooow and bloooated it's fascinating!

TDA? Oh please...

P.S.: BTW, it is VERY easy to tame the highs of the TPA3255 and fit it to your ears/stereo.

Last edited:
Somebody gave me 2 mono PCB's but cant remember much about them, I had to mod them cos the hiss was like Niagara falls. They lost badly vs stereo TPA3116 PCB. I think the only good thing about the sound was the dynamics - that was world class indeed but the rest... no way!
TPA3255 plays in a different league for sure.