Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

DUAL Merus MA12070 fully balanced Amplifier pictures inside
DUAL Merus MA12070 fully balanced Amplifier pictures inside
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 01:48 PM   #111
Sjef is offline Sjef  Abu Dhabi
diyAudio Member

Hmm, these reports about noise are worrying me a bit. I have just ordered two A20A's to try in an active speaker setup for mids and highs. They will be acting as power amps with volume somewhere at -10dB to 0dB. Strangely I have read reports from other that say the units are totally silent with volume all the way up. Maybe a difference between balanced and unbalanced inputs?
Well, anyways, if they are hissing too bad they are going to be returned inmediatly. I bought them for a secondary system where I don't want to spend too much time DIY so modifying them is not an option.
Old Today, 01:54 PM   #112
daniboun is offline daniboun  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hmm, these reports about noise are worrying me a bit. I have just ordered two A20A's to try in an active speaker setup for mids and highs. They will be acting as power amps with volume somewhere at -10dB to 0dB. Strangely I have read reports from other that say the units are totally silent with volume all the way up. Maybe a difference between balanced and unbalanced inputs?
Well, anyways, if they are hissing too bad they are going to be returned inmediatly. I bought them for a secondary system where I don't want to spend too much time DIY so modifying them is not an option.
Mine is absolutely dead silence, but I am using balanced inputs only.
Dead silence also @ -10DB

You should not have any issue normally.
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #113
diyAudio Member

I'm planning to use balanced inputs as well. In fact, that's one of the reason I was interested in these units, the balanced inputs.
Old Today, 03:56 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

Nice you should be happy
Old Today, 06:25 PM   #115
jean-paul is offline jean-paul  Netherlands
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

The DC output connector is for 15V devices (not 5V).
Old Today, 06:58 PM   #116
SoniCCurrent is offline SoniCCurrent
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjef View Post
Hmm, these reports about noise are worrying me a bit.
It's not "noise" in the sense that it would bother you. At least not from your listening position. You'd have to put your ear to the speaker to hear it, even at -0db (loudest). I am using RCA though. Might be totally gone with XLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul
The DC output connector is for 15V devices (not 5V).
Sure. There are 2x7.5V caps on the PCB. I shot up the 1A fuse so I can't use the 15V backport anymore. Used to plug a RecomRS3 15-5V converter to it to feed my DAC. The Meanwell RPS-400 of which I am elaborating to replace the Mornsun has a 5V/1A out. That's what I meant.
Old Today, 07:26 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your replies, I'm really curious about the performance of these little amps. I will report back

Quote:
I'm planning to use balanced inputs as well. In fact, that's one of the reason I was interested in these units, the balanced inputs.
Well, this and the fact that it has a built-in power supply was a real plus to order them. I really hate powerbricks. I will never ever in my life buy another piece of equipment with an external powerbrick, I am totally done with it, it makes a total mess of a already multi boxed setup.
Old Today, 07:46 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Quote:
........I am elaborating to replace the Mornsun has a 5V/1A out. That's what I meant.

The Murata PQC250-24 is also a choice to consider...
I know that Orchard Audio use them into their BOSC Gan amps. Orchard Audio confirmed their superb performance
But I did not check their size )

PQC250-24 | Murata Power Solutions PQC250-24 Stock available from Infinity-Electron.com | PQC250-24 with Best Price at Infinity-Electron.com

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Today, 08:16 PM   #119
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your replies, I'm really curious about the performance of these little amps. I will report back

Quote:
Well, this and the fact that it has a built-in power supply was a real plus to order them. I really hate powerbricks. I will never ever in my life buy another piece of equipment with an external powerbrick, I am totally done with it, it makes a total mess of a already multi boxed setup.
  Reply to this post

DUAL Merus MA12070 fully balanced Amplifier pictures insideHide this!Advertise here!