• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The all new AIO FXtreme DB450 : 4-Channel Amplifier with DSP, Bluetooth and Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mga2009

I am actually already working on something like that! the same board, buit without bluetooth and step-up booster.

The ADAU1701 already has very good ADCs and DACs build-in, but i might also add a few ADCs/DACs more for 6 inputs, and 8 outputs. But i might also be better by just upgrading the DSP to a ADAU1452 or something for that matter..

@mga2009

I am actually already working on something like that! the same board, buit without bluetooth and step-up booster.

The ADAU1701 already has very good ADCs and DACs build-in, but i might also add a few ADCs/DACs more for 6 inputs, and 8 outputs. But i might also be better by just upgrading the DSP to a ADAU1452 or something for that matter..

Awesome! Looking forward to those boards!

@mga2009

Also, I think that, as you have the knowledge, there is some market space for standalone "cheap" ADAU1452 DSP.

As far as I know, the only pre assembled choices are only ADAU1701 (from 3e audio and Thomman, this lastone does not work with Sigma studio). FreeDSP only sells the not assembled board, so not much help for electronic newbies like I. Then you jump to MiniDSP which is more expensive, but it's front end is very nice.

Anyways... good luck with your development!

Also, I think that, as you have the knowledge, there is some market space for standalone "cheap" ADAU1452 DSP.

As far as I know, the only pre assembled choices are only ADAU1701 (from 3e audio and Thomman, this lastone does not work with Sigma studio). FreeDSP only sells the not assembled board, so not much help for electronic newbies like I. Then you jump to MiniDSP which is more expensive, but it's front end is very nice.

Hmm yeah that's a good idea! There are some on AliExpress, but not very well built, or very user-friendly, not even mentioning the high prices. I assume that standalone DSPs mainly are not used in battery powered applications, so I might also build the USBi programmer straight in. For the best and easiest user experience alone, it would be worth it imo

Dayton / Sure have cheap ADAU1701 boards that work with SigmaStudio:

Dayton Audio DSPB-K DSP Kernel Board and DSPB-KE Kernel DSP Expansion 2-In 3-Out

Dayton / Sure have cheap ADAU1701 boards that work with SigmaStudio:

Dayton Audio DSPB-K DSP Kernel Board and DSPB-KE Kernel DSP Expansion 2-In 3-Out

Not really cheap, or that good.. might as well get this one instead: ADAU1401/ADAU1701 DSPmini learning board (upgrading to ADAU1401).-in Electronics Stocks from Electronic Components & Supplies on AliExpress

ADAU1401 is basically the same as the ADAU1701, it even works when you apply a schematic for the ADAU1701 to it in SigmaStudio

Last edited:
Not really cheap, or that good.. might as well get this one instead: shorturl.at/qxFY6

ADAU1401 is basically the same as the ADAU1701, it even works when you apply a schematic for the ADAU1701 to it in SigmaStudio

But that board is ready to use? With all the ADC and DAC and EEPROM, etc.?

You only need the programmer and all the input/output connectors?

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Exciting to see all this activity on low cost systems that can be powered from 12 - 24V. I would really like to have more outdoor events but the budget is small due to only occasional use. Also the equipment needs to be simple and quick to setup as setup (basically plug in battery, speakers, source, select DSP preset and go). One thing I haven't seen yet is a multi kW sub amp design from such a supply, anyone working on one? friends of mine use cheap car audio amps and get about 600W for £110, the voltage swing though isn't enough for normal PA speakers though.

I think this is very interesting product, and will have it's buyers. If I had known what kind of pain it was to assemble a 2.1 amplifier from separate modules, I would have got this instead :D

Thanks! Yes it is really hard sometimes to even pick the right components for a DIY build, not even mentioning the possibility for anoying mistakes that creates a ground-loop for example..

Well yeah adding a microcontroller would be the easiest by far, but it will also increase costs and overall dimensions of the board dramatically. it wouldn't be worth it imo.

I have been trying for days to add an AUX input to the CSRA, but it doesn't work because I also use the active audio (Mute, Standby) control from the CSRA to the amplifiers to maximize efficiency, etc..

I've managed to get the CSRA64xx to work with AUX. Don't know your schematic, but I wold assume from other comments that I've seen that you are feeding the ADAU a singel enden input from some preamplifiers? You would if grounded properly be able to follow the example SCH for the CSRA64xx to create a singel enden input (AUX). I would strongly advice to go with I2S between the bt module and the ADAU. See this page on how to connect the CSRA64215 to the ADAU1701.

I would in your case use the AUX as the "prefered" audio path and force the BT module to switch to AUX when it's plugged in. This way you can use the "fall" or "rise" user key to know if the AUX is connected. You can use this connector. It's a panel mount and got the builded in ground switch.You would then use the "Analog Input PIO" (Config set.-Input/output-Input PIOs) to set the correct PIO that will sense the AUX connected signal. Done!

I also noticed that ROM10 did not have the Analog Input PIO option, don't know why?

PM me if you need help setting up the PS keys, I can probably do if for you if you if needed :)

I'm also adding a link to my CSR stuff. The source code for the GIA app (Android) is also in there, so you can try to create your own app! Wish I knew more coding, would love to do it myself!
Dropbox folder

Also like the work you've done on your amplifier! Would be nice to try it for a project! Just need to know when they will be for sale, and at what cost.

Cheers, Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.