• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AckoDAC based on AK4499EQ

The new King of DACs is here!
For more information please see:
AKD49 series ...

Attachments

• AKD49_1.jpg
    AKD49_1.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2,046
Last edited:
The pic actually shows the module with its gnd shield that has some impressions of component positions. Underneath is the actual DAC board with all the components (more than 100) mounted. So nothing really to assemble here and you just need take it from the simplified interface for power and I/O:). Those who have pre-ordered will get more details of the board assembly and its interface. Basically rolled out as an oem module but also suited for diy work. A single module can be configured for 2ch stereo (or 4 ch). For dual mono you will need two of the modules.

Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
So there is one class A output stage per output?

Wondering what kind of performance can be expected, factoring in the properties of the surrounding circuits, psu's and regulators etc.
I know numbers don't always tell "the whole story", but do you have any numbers or measurements that you are comfortable sharing?

Have you done any comparison of the mono/2ch/4ch configurations?

So there is one class A output stage per output?

Wondering what kind of performance can be expected, factoring in the properties of the surrounding circuits, psu's and regulators etc.
I know numbers don't always tell "the whole story", but do you have any numbers or measurements that you are comfortable sharing?

Have you done any comparison of the mono/2ch/4ch configurations?

Yes, each output has its own ClassA I-V. Nothing shared, including power.
This is very new and at some stage I will get this to ASR for the measurements review. However, ASR needs something close to a finished product that they can hook up quickly and test. At this stage it is a core module so needs external power and interfaces to function. More on this later, stay tuned :)

Coming soon ...
2ch DAC with either USB or Network streaming solution integrated

Hi Acko. This looks absolutely fantastic and I am sure the measurements will show it achieving the full potential of the current best performing DAC chip in the world. Your previous ES9038Pro version has yet to be bested and it looks like you have been even more rigorous with this AKM.

Coming soon ...
2ch DAC with either USB or Network streaming solution integrated

USB based on XMOS with isolation and reclocking. pcm up to 384k and DSD up to 512fs - done

Network interface is in development, based on direct hardware dsp without any SBCs or Linux boxes. PCM up to 384k and DSD up to 256fs. Direct streaming from music server

Last edited:
Hi Acko. What is the latest in terms of progress of this project?

Slowly emerging from lockdown, different world now:eek:

The good news: things are looking up with updated stereo solution now in fab as shown. Won't be long ...

Then Dual mono and Multichannel versions. Really complex designs but pressing on!

Attachments

• AKD49S.png
    AKD49S.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 921
Just a quick question about your AK4499 DAC. I'm interested in the AK4499 for some time now but can't help to see products like the Topping D90 MQA selling for 800$USD. Now, I don't know how much your DAC is selling and if it can easily top the commercial DAC? I'm sure yours should be superior...

Could you let me know how much your AK4499 DAC cost in 2 channels stereo flavor? What are the base options and add-ons?

I see the following on your website that would interest me. Are they complete DAC (aside the chassis)?
2. AKD49S Stereo DAC
3. AKD49M Dual Mono DAC

The picture on the website seems to be missing a whole bunch of modules/parts on the PCB, do you have a picture of the completed PCB? Or are they options?

Is there a way to have a unit to test before buying (I pay shipping both ways)?

Thanks
Do