• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

Hello,
How would Mac or Linux users configure the the DSP?

Linux compatibility is on the list, but the GUI relies on Java with a serial communication library, which is not compatible with Apple as far as I am aware.

Hi
This looks great. I am likely to get one to replace SURE Jab 2.50: yuk.
Would I be able to power it with Li-Ion 6sp3, which when charged to the max might just output 25.2v?

Yes, absolute max is 26.4V

I have been using the Zoudio amp for some time now and in a few different projects.

Its the best DSP amp I have tried - and I have tried a few :)
Some of the ways its better than the others:
1. There is absolutely no static noise - something many of the others have
2. The bluetooth connects smoothly with all my devices and the range is great
3. Using and setting the amp up is really easy.
4. The sound quality is really good

All i all its a really good amplifier at a more than fair price point

I was able to bring up the java app on my Macbook, so the app comes up without generating any errors. I don't have the actual hardware to try it out, but the serial driver doesn't seem to be complaining.

xoZDazw-IsxPwCK9FGJZY9-rNEz8xXW7ImCHYMuZ8T6yV2rN56mcuvIsHbwZ7Flm50adX5Tc9EJi8XDxXb7tZ6xH9U6rCAkNakmIGDl4TG0xWIzHchXeszcAcpLFnh3fULl2XY6KwLg=w2400

In theory yes. If you DM me, I can send you the Jar file instead of the wrapped .exe file. Maybe it will even run without any modifications. Or if anyone has experience with deploying Java programs for Linux; please contact me on how to best release the program.

I have been using the Zoudio amp for some time now and in a few different projects.

Its the best DSP amp I have tried - and I have tried a few :)
Some of the ways its better than the others:
1. There is absolutely no static noise - something many of the others have
2. The bluetooth connects smoothly with all my devices and the range is great
3. Using and setting the amp up is really easy.
4. The sound quality is really good

All i all its a really good amplifier at a more than fair price point
Hi there,

I am a little bit confused. Is the amp available already? I thought in the webpage it only starts shipping in end Feb?

Oon

Hi,
my "usual" configuration for a speaker is a MTM design with a sub woofer.
So if i use one channel for a tweeter, two for the mid´s there would be one left for the sub. Which, off course, is much to weak.
Could you show a way how to use the remaining channel for 20-200 Hz pre amp output?
Balanced would be nice (it is BTL anyway) but single ended too.
I think this question solved will expand the possible uses of your amp, as the real audio enthusiast will not go for anything with only 40 W distortion free power into 4 ohms.
For most in DIYS 40W is not "high performance speaker building" as you claim on your HP :sleep:

For clarification;
I am shipping out the amps as fast as I can build them, which in some early order cases was already this week.

@TurboWatch2
In case of MTM you can put the tweeter on a BTL channel, the woofers on BTL channel and then one PBTL channel for the sub. In your proposed configuration you should be able to use the channel thats left as a pre-out using a resistor divider, although I have not tried that yet

Last edited:
I had a little time today, connected 4 speakers first aptx from old mobile, then through analogue input, both hiss and noise free. Then I connected laptop, I was a little scared didn't know when to connect, on or off, didn't find clues, but all seemed to go automatic and ok, cut off the big speakers at 150hz and high pass 150hz the smaller speakers, pressed upload and done, everything supereasy and noisefree. Will play some more later , very positive experience.

It's a very interesting board for sure and it's nice to read the first positive review.

A very short question : I see the prices are in €, is the amp shipped from inside the EU or should we plan for extra custom fees ? I guess the VAT is added at checkout ?

Birthday today - I bought one!

"I am shipping out the amps as fast as I can build them". Please, er, take your time with mine; do a good job on all those solder connections! ;')

Thanks for offering this to the audio community. Regarding 40 WPC, that all depends on your preferred listening level and the efficiency of your speakers, doesnt it? (Right now, I'm probably at a fraction of a watt for a comfortable lunch background jazz SPL...)

tpa3118 or 3116 even in 20dB gainsetting hiss a little, this board is quiet, probably because noise does not exist digitally. bass force is stronger than 3118/3116. treble smoother, but that may be absence of any noise? quickly switching psu's I do feel treble quality is more dependent on psu than with 3118/3116, with chinese 12v 6A for "hifi" psu the treble gets a little scratchy compared to very smooth with 15V Mascot 10A, mean to try MeanWell 24V some time soon.