Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Universal Buffer achieving -140 dBc (0.00001 %) THD
Universal Buffer achieving -140 dBc (0.00001 %) THD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd January 2020, 08:06 AM   #221
sawyers is offline sawyers  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

We ought to just stop feeding the Sonic Bliss troll.
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:45 PM   #222
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cischico View Post
Thanks and good to know! I appreciate the reply. Have you mentioned this small adapter before?
I have not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cischico View Post
I’m trying to dig back and find the genesis of what I thought I read. Going off memory I think this person contacted you before you released your universal buffer and that’s where I may have gotten confused as I didn’t realize you just released it for purchase and the threads I was reading were a few months old.
That could be. A few have contacted me regarding an adapter board. I have yet to actually design it. I was initially dismissive of the idea, but with the renewed interest and with some further development of the idea in my mind, I'm coming around on that. I think I can put together an adapter board that would be useful both for the DIYers and for OEMs.

The Universal Buffer opened for preorders in December and has been in stock for about a week now.

Oh, and for those looking for the bulk discount: The bulk/volume discount on the Universal Buffer has now been debugged and is operational. The price breaks are: QTY = 3, 5, and 10.

Tom
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:19 PM   #223
00940 is online now 00940  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Sorry for the OT but this kind of bugs me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocenigo View Post
I might be wrong but... I was looking at that adapter board and I think there's an error on it. The fuse on it is obviously attached to pin1 of the RAC10-15-20. The pcb datasheet says it is the Live input but the converters datasheets say it is actually the Neutral.
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:00 PM   #224
sledwards12375 is offline sledwards12375  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00940 View Post
Sorry for the OT but this kind of bugs me.

I might be wrong but... I was looking at that adapter board and I think there's an error on it. The fuse on it is obviously attached to pin1 of the RAC10-15-20. The pcb datasheet says it is the Live input but the converters datasheets say it is actually the Neutral.
You are correct. I have the actual hardware in my hands, and clearly the external fuse goes to the Neutral pin on the converter when mounted on the adapter. Good catch.

IMG_5145.jpg - Google Drive

Last edited by sledwards12375; 22nd January 2020 at 11:16 PM. Reason: add photo

Universal Buffer achieving -140 dBc (0.00001 %) THDHide this!Advertise here!