• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WM-61A Panasonic omni directional mini electret condenser microphone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought 500,000 WM-61A Panasonic mics from DigiKey for my company a while back. We designed headsets and sold the company but found a surplus of 70,00 still in the boxes and sealed. Any idea who would be interested only in bulk. Lots of people are interested in buying the mics online but not going to sell them by 10, 20, and 100. I have know time for that...lol. Any feed back would be great.

Joined 2011
I bought 500,000 WM-61A Panasonic mics from DigiKey for my company a while back. We designed headsets and sold the company but found a surplus of 70,00 still in the boxes and sealed. Any idea who would be interested only in bulk. Lots of people are interested in buying the mics online but not going to sell them by 10, 20, and 100. I have know time for that...lol. Any feed back would be great.

I would box up your minimum quantity, and post it here, and on ebay. Probably you'll sell some, even with 1k in a box.
Here, they would do a group buy and split the box up.
You won't get much money from a surplus dealer for really large numbers, though.
Legit distributors won't touch them, since NOS.

Last edited:
I see them on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/p/1606189068

Price is typically $1.95 ea. There is a wide variety of asking prices, but of course folks buy the cheapest ones!

For the ones I use from Primo are about that price in quantity. The variation I use comes with pins to easily insert in PCBs. I should note Primo does not like to sell small quantities. The ones I use come in boxes of 500.

I suspect someone buying to sell on eBay typically wants to make five times cost on small items. The other problem is to get best price the item should only be offered 90 days apart!

So looks like very bad luck on recovering more than a tiny bit of their value.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.