Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Neurochrome HP-2 ultra-low distortion headphone amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 01:32 AM   #11
dhsettim is offline dhsettim  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default Update?

Hi Tom,
Is there any update on the HP2 as it's about 4 weeks since I ordered and paid and my order status is still:
"Your order is confirmed
You’ll receive an email when your order is ready."
best
tim
Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM   #12
BrianL is offline BrianL  United States
diyAudio Member

The Neurochrome web site says:
"Current inventory: Out of stock, but available on backorder. More is expected to arrive by Dec. 06, 2019"
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM   #13
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

The PCBs are on the UPS truck from the manufacturer in Ontario, Canada and should arrive tomorrow. The parts from my test order with Mouser arrived today, so once I have the PCBs, I will build one to verify the layout and BOM. If that checks out (which I certainly hope as I ordered 200 boards!) I will ship the PCBs starting Monday. I expect to have the documentation ready by then as well.

The chassis should ship from Italy within the next few days here. They ship by FedEx, so they should get here pretty quickly.

I apologize for the delay. That's in part why I offered the first ten boards at a 10% discount. The discount is basically my "thank you" for your patience.

Tom
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM   #14
dhsettim is offline dhsettim  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Yes Brian; I can read as well as you. And I don't know why you have to add your six penny's worth when my question was to Tom who I have bought perhaps a dozen boards from over several years.

Tom; when you wrote "I will be demoing it tomorrow (Sunday Nov. 10, 2019) at the Burning Amp Fest at Ft. Mason." I didn't imagine that you had only one board.
And on 21st Nov you wrote "I have one PCB left at the intro price." Not that you had the order space for one last PCB.
I'm just saying that some more clarity and an update woulda been nice. In the past your communication, over multiple orders, has been exemplary.
Just sayin'.
tim
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #15
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

I think you'd be surprised by how many don't read the information on my website (or email for that matter). I just received an email asking about the price and availability of my upcoming Universal Buffer, even though my website says $125 and mid January (both subject to change). I'm certainly open to suggestions for how to improve my communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsettim View Post
Tom; when you wrote "I will be demoing it tomorrow (Sunday Nov. 10, 2019) at the Burning Amp Fest at Ft. Mason." I didn't imagine that you had only one board.
Yes. I only had one board. I brought the prototype build to BAF and needed to make a couple of small circuit tweaks between it and the final revision. Unfortunately, the circuit tweak that I needed to make rendered the remaining 3-4 boards in the prototype board run unsellable - or at least not up to my quality standards. I refuse to sell rejects. My customers (rightfully) expect and deserve better.
If I had a small stack of good boards tucked away somewhere, I would have shipped them.

My website has consistently said "Out of stock, but available on backorder. More is expected to arrived by ..." In Post #1, I said, "I am offering the HP-2 at pre-order prices until they arrive in stock or until the first ten HP-2s have sold (whichever occurs first)." Similarly, my November newsletter stated, "Now available on preorder. 10 % discount for the first 10 early adopters!" at the very top. I thought those statements were pretty clear and unambiguous.

Quote:
And on 21st Nov you wrote "I have one PCB left at the intro price." Not that you had the order space for one last PCB.
Yeah... I suppose you can split the hair that way. This is the first time I hear the term "order space", so that interpretation hadn't occurred to me until now. Maybe I should just not have preorder sales. That would solve this problem nicely.

The purpose of the preorders is to generate a little excitement or 'buzz' up front, and to help put a dent in the rather large up-front investment I make when I launch a new project. If the end result is disappointed customers, it sounds like it would be better to just get rid of the preorders altogether - or at least get rid of the sale part.

Quote:
I'm just saying that some more clarity and an update woulda been nice. In the past your communication, over multiple orders, has been exemplary.
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. You're right. I could certainly have sent out more updates via email to those who preordered. I could possibly also have better communicated that the HP-2 was on preorder by adding "PREORDER" to the product title, though that term seems to confuse some people. As does the term "backorder", by the way.

I work about 12-14 hours/day 6-7 days/week to launch two Neurochrome products and nudge the production of the TCA HPA-1 through production (and plan upcoming products). Email seems to be the first to fall through the cracks. Sorry about that. I also tend to lose track of what I've said via email, newsletter, Facebook, DIY Audio, etc.

Anyway: UPS says the boards have arrived in town. I expect them to arrive on my doorstep this afternoon. This should NOT be interpreted as a guarantee that this will happen, only that I expect this to happen. IF the boards arrive this afternoon, I expect to ship on Monday. I do need to complete my prototype build before I ship the boards, though. I expect to be able to do that this weekend.

Tom

Neurochrome HP-2 ultra-low distortion headphone amplifierHide this!Advertise here!