• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BOSC - HiFi Monoblock Class-D GaN Amp

Another great write-up:
2 weeks with the Orchard Audio BOSC HiFi Monoblock Class-D GaN Amps

Before I go into any detail, let me say up front that these amps are something special. Detail and clarity galore with a transparency that grabs your attention and doesn't let go. The amps run cool to the touch and are so small that they can be easily stashed away out of site in any system. In my opinion, they punch way above their price point and easily turn a background music system into something that cannot be easily ignored... or at least, that was my experience.

Another great write up:
2 weeks with the Orchard Audio BOSC HiFi Monoblock Class-D GaN Amps

This is an extremely good amplifier, something I could live with easily if I didn't own the Modulus 286. The noise floor is very low, and you hear tiny details into the background on many recordings. The amplifier is very similar sounding to the Modulus 286 which is a major compliment! Big, bombastic dynamics, excellent tight very well delineated bass and yes, ethereal high end. Soundstaging was wide, and performers were well placed, such that you could easily distinguish the differences between them.

I have a member of this forum purchasing 10 unpopulated boards from me.

If anybody else here would like something custom like unpopulated boards or populated boards without the case and without the power supply or something along these lines, this is the time to make that decision. This is because the kickstarter project is ending on October 6th and in order for you to get the best pricing I would need to combine your order with the larger Kickstarter one.

What would be the cost of 10 unpopulated PCB's? Maybe with the GANs but nothing else?

10 unpopulated boards would be around $400 ($40 each). At this time I can do either populated or not populated. I cannot do partially populated unfortunately.

Fully populated boards would be around $250 each.

I can provide you a BOM under NDA if you want to see what it looks like.

Last edited:
Hello, this amp looks interesting. But my honest question is if it beats the hypex nc400 kit as they are of similar pricing. Which onevwould drive better a pair of 2.5 way 4ohm floorstanders?

Is it a viable design, wound it stand the test of time better than the nc400?

If somebody heared both or either, I would appreciate the comments.

Thanks

Hello, this amp looks interesting. But my honest question is if it beats the hypex nc400 kit as they are of similar pricing. Which onevwould drive better a pair of 2.5 way 4ohm floorstanders?

Is it a viable design, wound it stand the test of time better than the nc400?

If somebody heared both or either, I would appreciate the comments.

Thanks

My previous amp was the NC400 and it was excellent. My current amp with linear supply is the Modulus 286 and I felt sonically it was better than the NC400 while the measurements were extraordinarily close (the Modulus 286 had lower IMD and was a little quieter [we are talking microvolts!]).

To me, the BOSC was closer to the Modulus 286 in sonics. See my previous post to a link to my review. Again, I was very pleased with the BOSC. It has a few idiosyncrasies which I described in my review.

Best,
Anand.

Thanks a lot Anand. Your review answers a lot of my questions, except the reliability one, which is understandable due to limited time you had for testing.
Indeed the lack of a power switch is not very convenient.
I have Leo's excelent PecanPi, so this may solve the preamp issue on 4ohm version that you mention.
Thanks