• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

W5-FR-SP Full Range Bookshelf Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We are delighted to announce the W5-FR-SP. This unique loudspeaker stands out from its competition by proving itself more than capable of full range output from an extremely compact form — a feat which most bulky full range speakers struggle to achieve.

The W5-FR-SP is capable of delivering high-quality sound without the need for an extra crossover circuit and does so with high efficiency (sensitivity: 88 dB). These bookshelf-sized speakers readily pair with any amplifier. Aesthetically, they blend seamlessly and beautifully into any interior design.

Unlike most other Full Ranger designs on the market, which leverage ‘back loaded horn’ cabinet designs to enhance bass — often resulting in a big, heavy, tall-stand enclosures, Enigma Lab created a ‘vented box’ design, using front-venting apertures to enhance bass output. This was the highly successful result of a great deal of effort and extensive lab time devoted to establishing a completely different approach to loudspeaker design.

To further enhance bass performance we add a simple fine-tuned BSC circuit (Battle Step Compensation) and reconfigured the circuit to eliminate the increasing high-frequency issue plaguing most full range drivers.

The beautifully smooth frequency response results tested with CLIO and DASS systems are highly satisfactory: Only 1 dB of deviation across the majority of the frequency bands, which is exactly how Hi-Fi Speakers should be.

Attachments

• 第二張圖.png
    第二張圖.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 無響室1.png
    無響室1.png
    470.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 無響室2.png
    無響室2.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 147
DIYers can modify the Q-Factor by adjusting the quantity of acoustic fibers or upgrade BSC circuit board components to fine tune to personal taste.

Attachment is our frequency response of W5-FR-SP. Green lines shows W5-FR-SP, and the red one is actually the earlier design of full range loudspeakers. Actually W5-FR-SP is the second version of the design.

Attachments

• attached.jpg
    attached.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 104
First version of my design was based the thoughts to make full range loudspeakers smaller.

I think many players who are interested in full range all know about W5-1880. Actually W5-1880 has really good quantity but it makes people headache when they try to design a loudspeaker for it. I searched through internet and found out that almost all W5 series were designed as back loaded horn. It's very difficult to do DIY on back loaded horn loudspeakers because of the volume and weight. It will be hard to move and always be limited when you try to put them in any space. Also, back loaded horn loudspeakers cost really much.

So I had two thoughts about how to make the speakers smaller.

1.Use vented box:
Designing vented box' speaker volume by BassBox Pro (which is a software). Importing T/S model parameters of the speaker to get the exactly vented box volume and length of the pipe. According to the result, I got a comparatively balance Q quality (0.7) and reasonable low frequency roll-off while the vented box volume stays at 10L. Though so, if my idea was just like that, it's nothing special to worth a thread here.
I tried to make the cabinet front side as narrow as I could in order to make it easily to be put in any space without making interior decoration look strange.
Then I focued on where to make the Reflection hole. I tried two ways. One was made on the front side and the other was on the back side.

2. My design on Transmission Line:
I had a pair of Daline Transmission Line speaker, but the Daline were floor standing ones with 110cm at height. I wanted to make the W5 cabinet as small as I could so I decreased the height from 110cm to 60cm. I thought 60cm was the biggest size for bookshelf loudspeakers. Otherwise it would be weird to see a super high cabinet to be put on the desk.

According to my design on transmission line, pipes would be smaller and smaller. It's totally different from the design of back loaded horn ones. I made the inner pipes' length to 1.5m. If we counted it with 1/4 wavelength, it should be able to make low frequency up to 55Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.