• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Hello,

any news on the amp? I don't want to be a nagger, but the initial rumours had the premiere date as far back as the end of 2019. A possibility to purchase it before Christmas this year in EU would be excellent, but I don't know if it's realistic or too wishful. Also giving an approximate price range - if possible, would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards and stay healthy!

We are talking completely new design in order to take full advantage of PCIe 2gen connection . Expect lots of changes

Sounds like your pretty early in development.

Not sure if you have thought of these, but probably have:
Have you considered a master clock input, for those that have better oscillators than NDK? That's my biggest issue with current USBSig
Have you thought about using a clock for Ethernet and a separate clock for USB
Have you considered doing a PCI-E card format for output so it could support the X86 platform too?
Are you looking at the latest ASmedia chip for USB?
Have you considered using LT304* regs?
Have you considered adding galvanic isolation for USB and Ethernet so that we can power it by separate rails or use jumpers for those who want a cheaper build? Three rails - USB, Ethernet and PI4

Oh basically HDMi is used as the connector only as it's cheap, and reliable way to transmit i2s signals via LVDS, here's a spreadsheet with various Dac's and USB/SPDIF i2s on how the wires are connected, and their various standards if you are interested.

Most use dip-switches to support multiple standards.

i2s - Google Drive

RPI i2s signal is not good. I will not provide output. Also take in consideration master/slave DACs

No worries you have all other outputs when combined with Digione Sig

Amp is advancing . I am posting my latest test data FFT at 10W 8R 1Khz unweighted

THD is at 0.00016 !!
THD+N at 0.0007

I had to sacrifice some of the noise on the output, but I have a new idea (PCB) and will try it..

My dual LLC is working and ..not. On one PCB its working fine , on new PCB is still unstable due to feedback (I dont like feedback circuits). I might have to migrate to old PCB since its stable to 225W

So please have patience. I am ordering new PCB (and hope they are final)

Just so you understand...this new AMP is designed for audio quality . The most important parts (except for THD and ours is ultra low ) are inductor , caps and output noise . I have worked (many hours of styding and reading) with a manufacturer and designed my own inductor !!! All for audio quality.

Question . How do you defeat magnetic hysteresis...feedback right ? Hehe..nope.

Attachments

• FFT_1k_10W -1.pdf
    44.2 KB · Views: 112
... I have worked (many hours of styding and reading) with a manufacturer and designed my own inductor !!! All for audio quality...
Sounds interesting. I just read a little from Bruno Putzeys paper on this. You inductor could be using a laminated core or iron powder core with Litze Wire? Just my armchair guess - from a chair without armrest :D

Last edited:
I have no timeline. I have started the design and will bring it to the market .

Lots of new ideas on the power , this time discreet . Not only they show lower noise than LT304x but they are also incredibly low impedance .

PCIe slot will be provided (one extra)

We expect to need a beefy PSU , 2.5A for RPI4 and then for PCIe , depending on what you got attached to it , at least 1A (if you have SSD) or even 3A of you have a power hungry device.