• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

I tried out the Rev dac RCA output to power a headphone tonight.. 90-100% volume is a good listening level. quality is surprisingly great. I compared it to my Oppo Sonica DAC that was modded with discrete analog output stage, about $1400+ cost total, and the Rev dac was better! better treble that was less harsh. and the sonica is 9038pro, a dac chip one level higher than the one in the rev dac.. I really appreciate the great design that went into Rev dac. The Rev dac has stayed in my system long enough to say I give it a thumbs up. Gonna get a real headphone amp next
edit: it's a Verum one planar headphone

I tried out the Rev dac RCA output to power a headphone tonight.. 90-100% volume is a good listening level. quality is surprisingly great. I compared it to my Oppo Sonica DAC that was modded with discrete analog output stage, about $1400+ cost total, and the Rev dac was better! better treble that was less harsh. and the sonica is 9038pro, a dac chip one level higher than the one in the rev dac.. I really appreciate the great design that went into Rev dac. The Rev dac has stayed in my system long enough to say I give it a thumbs up. Gonna get a real headphone amp next
edit: it's a Verum one planar headphone

I am also using the rev for 2 months now. It trounces the Topping D50s I had previously. I am very pleased and with the USBSignature and two Nirvana power supplies I have a fantastic streamer which I don't think I will be looking to upgrade anytime soon. Currently concentrated on the amp and speakers only :)

Discovered something I didn't notice before about Shanti. The 3A. output sounds better than the 1A. output. Not having a schematic, I'm just guessing the fuse and the additional electrolytic cap just before the 1A. output might have something to do with it. The 3A. output doesn't appear to have those extra components.

Anyway, now I am using two Shanti boxes, only the 3A. output from each one. Sounds pretty good. By the way, this is for a very sensitive application and may not be an issue for Shanti in normal use at all.

did some comparing.. The Allo Rev dac directly driving Verum planar headphones is incredible. Much better than my new schiit magnius headphone amp, using the single ended output. I couldn't test the balanced output on schiit magnius because my balanced cable was faulty and is being fixed.

did some comparing.. The Allo Rev dac directly driving Verum planar headphones is incredible. Much better than my new schiit magnius headphone amp, using the single ended output. I couldn't test the balanced output on schiit magnius because my balanced cable was faulty and is being fixed.

Guessing that's not ideal, but as verum is planar it wouldn't respond to relatively high output impedance anyway.

Rev output stage might get hot with such load though :p

Hi all,

I have an Allo Digione Signature powered by Shanti and connected via a BNC cable into Naim nDAC -> Naim SuperNAIT 2 -> Dynaudio C1 Platinum. It all works and sounds fine, but I would like to optimise the grounding of the Allo in case I can extract a bit more out of it!

It's been hard to find concentrated information about this topic, so hopefully we can have some clear guidelines gathered here.

As you may know, Naim Audio is all about star-earthing and having a single signal earth point, which is provided by the nDAC in my case. In this context, is there any suggestion on how to connect with the Allo stuff?

First of all, I suppose I should connect the RPi/Digione with the grounding post of the Shanti. Can I do this using a USB cable connected to the RPi on the one side, take apart the other side and connect only the USB ground?Does the clean side share a common GND with the RPi, or does it require separate grounding (maybe through the DAC via the BNC cable)?

Then, should I also connect the Shanti grounding post with the SuperNAIT grounding post? A simple cable would suffice here I suppose. Some information along this line (connection to Gold Note DS-10) can be found here:
Allo USBridge Signature review | Darko.Audio.
In my email communications with Allo, the company suggested I pay attention to the USBridge Signature’s grounding setup. Normally components are earthed individually, Allo recommended a star-earth arrangement whereby they share a common ground. So the USBridge’s earth terminal was hard-wired to the Shanti. Allo has measured the reduced noise floor this produces. I also wired the Shanti to the DS-10’s chassis. Allo thought that might reduce noise further – and it appeared to. With each extra earthing step came a small but noticeable gain in clarity.

Not sure however if this is consistent with Naim star-earthing or not.

Any feedback based on your experience or knowledge would be very useful; not only for me but for everyone with a similar system.