• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

First impressions...

It got out of customs and arrived earlier than expected. Rev + pi3b running Volumuo + two Nirvanas powering them.My foot is tapping. Music Tingles! What a difference from my old DAC. It was a 4 year old Mamboberry original pi hat. (Comparison to that is unfair and undermines this review of course because most of you will have much better equipment than I.)

But what a pleasure to listen to!!!!! Instruments have a presence, position and definition. I'm quite delighted that this DAC can make such a difference in sound. I'll have to hook it up to my little Red Wine Audio amp and headphones so see how that sounds. :D
Thank you Allo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amir received the unit a while back. He did a few tests but ess 9038 has a default where it mutes when sound arrives at -105db and he was not able to do the linearity test.

We did release a new firmware that disables that particular feature but he is very busy and never had a chance to retest again . He told me that using his AP Rev clocks -117 THD+N .

More reviews are coming up, I have lined an excellent reviewer (DuckToller) that did a very extensive test on Rev vs Khadas and IFI Dacs . It should come up shortly but I don't know the exact date.

Amir received the unit a while back. He did a few tests but ess 9038 has a default where it mutes when sound arrives at -105db and he was not able to do the linearity test.

We did release a new firmware that disables that particular feature but he is very busy and never had a chance to retest again . He told me that using his AP Rev clocks -117 THD+N .
-117dB, so 0.0001% THD or less give or take. That's really good! Better than Topping D50s,D10s,E30, ...

Maybe you should ask Amir to give you dashboard screenshot of -117dB graph. And put it on REV product description on Allo website.
That at least shows it's at least as good as the competition :);) !!

We have the specs from our own AP machine but if course its not as good as AP of Amir. A better machine usually shows a lower noise floor. We are showing -114.7 to -115.2 depending on filters , sync/async , channels .

I will ask Amir again if he can find the time.

Interestingly, Hans Beekhuyzen gave a glowing review of the PecanPi integrated streamer setup, claiming the PecanPi is the best DAC HAT available for the RPi, explicitly rating it higher than the Allo Boss in the comments. But he feels the Revolution is better than the PecanPi if both are USB connected - with the caveat that the PecanPi HAT is still better unless the Revolution is hooked up to a USBridge.

The latest review on Rev Dac part 1 Review | Allo Revolution DAC, Part 1 - Reviews - Audiophile Style
PecanPI is a very good DAC based on a TI ic thats well known to sound very good. PecanPi has XLR output vs RCA on Rev that usually improves sound quality . At last PecanPI is i2s vs USB on Rev . While i2s has an advantage on terms of sound quality (we don't know why exactly) it has a disadvantage in terms of sample rate . Rev is capable of DSD 512
Rev Dac with PI4 and a Nirvana plus normal SMPS will be cheaper then PecanPi while allowing a greater set of sound customization and sample rate .
Rev Dac with USBridge and Shanti LPS will be more expensive ,but it has better sound quality(according to Hans) while allowing you to upgrade in the future to a better Dac (while keeping the digital source and 5V power supply)

Last edited: