• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

I trust Allo (and cdsgames) from their long history here.

cdsgames is Allo! That's were the caution should start! You simply can't trust a company ( if you're able to identify that it is a company ) telling you the "whole" truth. They have to follow their commercial agenda. That's a very basic business rule known as long as mankind invented business.

Any yep. I know their DIYA history very well as well. It's not that long btw. And I wouldn't call it a smooth ride. ;) Still. All of us DIY-Audio fellows can be proud to have contributed certain parts to Allos learning-by-doing and business success.
Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual, we have a very opinionated sound check. It seems sometimes that his understanding and personal opinions are somewhat bigger and more important than rest. I liked Hans review, on many issues was spot on, on some was thinner, but overall a very good review. I am seeing philosophical advice ( don't trust companies) technical questions on Hans review, and the appropriation of allo advancing on sound quality ( because of the feedback from diy forums) While that is certainly true, the feedback that we took, is from great people that have one thing in common. They are humble..

From you personally we have also learned. When facing a bully, fight back.

I've seen several of Hans Beekhuyzen's videos in the past, and they are generally similar to this one: pedantic, fluffed up with all kids of general background stuff, and generally a lot that you mostly want to fast forward through. Maybe 2/3rd of 15 minute could easily have been edited away. But he does give the Allo a positive review. ....
I respect Hans, and I believe he is knowledgeable and neutral. But I really have to concentrate to be able not to lose focus when listening to him. :)

I got the Revolution together with a USBridge Signature. In two weeks when I’ll be back from holiday and I will receive a new USBridge (my original one is replaced by Allo following a HW issue - excellent service), I will post my impressions especially comparing it with the Topping D50s. I can already tell one thing - do not use the Revolution without a proper power supply. In my case using the Nirvana had such an impact on the sound that I couldn’t believe it.

One issue I do have the with the Revolution is that it only has a micro USB in. This means it can only handle one digital source at a time and only usb. Compared to the Topping it is less versatile.

From you personally we have also learned. When facing a bully, fight back.
Wow. I must have hit a pretty weak spot again. I consider this a personal and unsubstantiated attack btw! Not sure why you always get personal. Is that your "fight back" strategy ? For sure it's all but professional.

And btw, who's "we"? It's just you over here. Isn't it!?!? You are aware that you actually don't hurt me by acting that unprofessional, do you? And your attitude also won't stop me asking very valid - at least from my perspective - questions regarding your products. If you like them or not.

You are in a DIY forum, with quite knowledgeable engineers and technicians around. It's been your choice to market your products over here. Our feedback and commitment supporting you has brought you where you are today. Don't forget that!

I we ask from your perspective unpleasant questions or address unpleasant subjects, you should actually appreciate it. Consider it the still existing DIY-Audio commitment to improve and evolve your products. Most of us over here are interested in progress. Purely commercial products are not the driving subjects in this forum though.

If you just look for 5 star rosy feedback. That's IMO the wrong place for you to be. I'd appreciate if you could answer my technical questions instead of getting personal. Or we can even have an open minded discussion about this or that technical subject.

I am a long time Allo follower and supporter. Somehow I can't explain your attitude towards me. Do you think the situation will improve if I stop giving feedback or asking questions?

Sound check, I have asked you several times to understand that your opinions, are just like everyone's else's. You are convinced that you understand better, but frankly, you do not. Your feedback has been wrong many times, remember the Shanti "issue"?. After 5000 units on the market I can say statistically , as I said in the beginning, it's not an issue. Do you remember the feedback on USB type c of boss? You never understood it but since the rpi4., it has become a non issue. Do you remember asking the load response of nirvana even though I pointed out that ifi (or any smps) for that matter, do not provide data? Another non issue. Now you want to give your feedback on Rev. Sorry to say but based on history it will be another non issue. So please go "help" someone else.

cdsgames is Allo!
That's were the caution should start! You simply can't trust a company ( if you're able to identify that it is a company ) telling you the "whole" truth. They have to follow their commercial agenda.
That's a very basic business rule known as long as mankind invented business.
My trust in companies is irrationally low. The difference with Allo is that most companies have a bunch of public relations folks to massage every message to increase sales. Generally, companies are less and less about engineering their products and are more about engineering publicity, barriers to market or financial engineering. Allo seems to be 99% real engineering. Hence I grant them what little trust I have.

Often engineers often don't have the best social graces. Ones who are passionate about their work, often disagree and have conflict. As you and cdsgames often do. You both come across as abrasive sometimes. (I've seen it often in my world. I'm a software/Linux guy and I've TOTALLY been guilty of the same!) The difference though is that he's also got responsibilities w.r.t. putting out a product from his own standpoint and cannot reasonably be expected to make all the changes you go to the mat for.

I understand that he most frequent occupation of a terrorist is engineer. I think that it is because often technical people, (such as myself) sometimes don't recognize that because we are all human, we are forced to muddle through with a long list of compromises. Would I have ever used Windows in the past? Never! :D Of course now I do, every day. Life has forced me to become agnostic. Will I always have reservations about Windows? Yes, but I won't go to the mat arguing about them any more. Yes, I too, would have preferred a USB C plug in the Revolution. But the inferior micro USB 2 plug will not affect my enjoyment of the product. There are things worth fighting for, but that isn't one. Allo in my mind, has great sound--at my price point. The compromises they chose are sensible to me. And it is always so much easier to be a critic than a builder--perhaps you should make your competing product line? I don't mean that as in "go away". I'm happy to read your side too (just accept others' opinions.) I think you generally know a lot about it and should give it a go. :D

And it is always so much easier to be a critic than a builder--perhaps you should make your competing product line? I don't mean that as in "go away". I'm happy to read your side too (just accept others' opinions.) I think you generally know a lot about it and should give it a go. :D

No. We're not just critics over here. Allo received numerous constructive improvements proposals and support over the years. Many of these proposals made it into their products. Allo built its audio competence with the support of this DIYA community. Don't forget that! The key supporters received many products free of charge over the years to - yep - givefeedback! Allo wanted it. Allo needed it. We were giving it.

The tide has turned - at least towards me. If your feedback is no longer wanted you'll be labeled "bully" - by Allo - a company!!! It's a shame. I actually was thinking to clarify the misleading nonsense that Allo brought up earlier with the simple goal to discredit me. I'd do it not to defend myself, but simply to show how things developed. I'm not sure yet, if I'll be doing that. Let see.

Finally.

The best way to address (technical) subjects is to talk about them. Running personal attacks towards forum members and potential customers won't solve anything.Unless. You don't want anything being discussed. And you simply need a platform to get your products pushed.

PS: Many of us, capable of entering audio business, stay out of audio business on purpose for different reasons.

Well said, thank you.

My trust in companies is irrationally low.. The difference with Allo is that most companies have a bunch of public relations folks to massage every message to increase sales.
Generally, companies are less and less about engineering their products and are more about engineering publicity, barriers to market or financial engineering. Allo seems to be 99% real engineering. Hence I grant them what little trust I have.

Often engineers often don't have the best social graces. Ones who are passionate about their work, often disagree and have conflict. As you and cdsgames often do. You both come across as abrasive sometimes. (I've seen it often in my world. I'm a software/Linux guy and I've TOTALLY been guilty of the same!) The difference though is that he's also got responsibilities w.r.t. putting out a product from his own standpoint and cannot reasonably be expected to make all the changes you go to the mat for.

I understand that he most frequent occupation of a terrorist is engineer. I think that it is because often technical people, (such as myself) sometimes don't recognize that because we are all human, we are forced to muddle through with a long list of compromises.
Would I have ever used Windows in the past? Never! :D Of course now I do, every day. Life has forced me to become agnostic. Will I always have reservations about Windows? Yes, but I won't go to the mat arguing about them any more.
Yes, I too, would have preferred a USB C plug in the Revolution. But the inferior micro USB 2 plug will not affect my enjoyment of the product. There are things worth fighting for, but that isn't one. Allo in my mind, has great sound--at my price point. The compromises they chose are sensible to me. And it is always so much easier to be a critic than a builder--perhaps you should make your competing product line? I don't mean that as in "go away". I'm happy to read your side too (just accept others' opinions.) I think you generally know a lot about it and should give it a go. :D

No. We're not just critics over here. Allo received numerous constructive improvements proposals and support over the years.
Many of these proposals made it into their products. Allo built its audio competence with the support of this DIYA community. Don't forget that!

The key supporters received many products free of charge over the years to - yep - give
feedback! Allo wanted it. Allo needed it. We were giving it.

The tide has turned - at least towards me. If your feedback is no longer wanted you'll be labeled "bully" - by Allo - a company!!! It's a shame.

I actually was thinking to clarify the misleading nonsense that Allo brought up earlier with the simple goal to discredit me.
I'd do it not to defend myself, but simply to show how things developed. I'm not sure yet, if I'll be doing that. Let see.

Finally.

The best way to address (technical) subjects is to talk about them.
Running personal attacks towards forum members and potential customers won't solve anything.
Unless. You don't want anything being discussed. And you simply need a platform to get your products pushed.

PS: Many of us, capable of entering audio business, stay out of audio business on purpose for different reasons.

I agree with much of what you say but please don't think that anything I said was an attack. It certainly was not meant as such.. It was more of a request to be cognizant of how we technical folks come across some times. I'm guilty too in that, note. It is important to have some self reflection. No party here is perfect or has perfect knowledge. I think it is most important to recognize our own shortcomings first when dealing with others. There is no zero sum game here--I welcome your insights. (I welcome cdsgames' too, of course!) We all learn from each other and benefit. One day I may even understand what bias is in an amp and why it must be set! Lol.

So please don't mistake friendly advice for an attack. We all want to experience the beauty of music and learning how to reproduce it well. Let it be.

Apologies for high jacking the forum.

Now would someone please spring my revolution from US customs????? :D

I will try to explain .

We had issues in the past , Soundcheck and I. A few years ago , he was very present on these (and others) forums . I know English is not his native language , neither it's mine .

Native language or not , there is a civility and a way of communicating that transcends culture .

The first time I had an issue with Soundcheck is where he made a comment about my...mother . Its been a while , I forgot the exact words but I exploded . My family (indeed for everyone, I think) its off limits . I sent him a email and told him ...off.

Sometime latter he apologized and I accepted . Again he came back and started his comments . The issues is that I have a short fuse with Soundcheck after all the history . Every time I perceived that his comments crossed the line , I intervened .

Even his last post. No doubt that ALLO takes a lot of feedback and we incorporate it in our products . Yes thx to the DIY family . That being said , Soundcheck has no idea how much testing and work goes behind the scenes . We take an idea and then we test. Hundreds of tests. We use different tools .About 50% of ideas are discarded since they show on test data that ideas is flawed . What was heard as :improvement" is in fact euphonics.

In the end , I always welcome discussion and ideas. What I cannot stand is people full of them self . If I ever cross the line and become like that, please let me know .

I am lucky to be both Canadian and EU citizen and I live in France with my family . Manufacturing and R&D center is in Bangalore . We work cross boarders , as a team. Once in a while I go and work from Bangalore.

Very good. Congratulations. Both Countries are spectacular!
I go often to Portugal and Spain. I was planing a trip to Bordeaux , but I had to postpone due to COVID.
Antônio