• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Hello to all.

I am interested in Allo Shanti and I started reading this thread but I see that it is used for other devices,too.

Is there a place or posts where I can read reviews of sound and built quality of this psu?

Has anyone used it with Chord Qutest?i already tried MCRU lps but it souded a little bright...

Thank you.

cdsgames, Its been awhile since I looked inside Shanti, but I have a new one here that needs to have its output voltage tweaked up. It appears to come preset to about 4.5v on each supposedly 5v output. Don't recall which are the correct adjustment pots and which are the don't touch pots. However, the pots near the outputs have the screws glued into position, and the pots closer to the middle of the board don't have adjustment screws glued into position. Since there doesn't seem to be a Shanti manual describing the pots that I can find, before I start trying to start reverse engineering the thing which pots do you recommend to turn? Thanx.

Does anyone know what type of offset you can have on XLR and sound quality impact of the offset ?

Depends on the common mode rejection performance of the differential receiver. For a transformer the permissible offset voltage can be very high. Active differential line receiver circuits are all different, and in the case of dacs it may also depend if low level RF is present along with the offset (since both factors can increase, say, opamp, distortion somewhat).

God this dac is beautiful for the money.
I have listen a lot of audio in my life, for so much money :)
This is a happy match, everything can I play for no stress.
Before this a test a Cambridge, a ifi, a chord, ayre , so much more... always I go back to search for something ..what I can not set on paper.
I want can play everything without stress or how can I it good write in words here :)
Everything must grab me in the music.
So that you forget everything in your setting.
Now this is it what the evolution is doing, clap your hands or feet and forget what you listen to. (hardware)
Music nothing but sound so it goes now.
Now I go dance and stamp with my feet :)
Wow this is amazing.

So how would you recommend connecting the ground cables between etc Uxbridge sig, Shanti, and revolution dac,

1: 1 ground cable to Usbridge from rev dac, then another ground cable from usbridge to Shanti
2. One ground cable from usbridge to shanti, then another groundcable from rev dac to shanti.
3. On

So how would you recommend connecting the ground cables between etc Uxbridge sig, Shanti, and revolution dac,

1: 1 ground cable to Usbridge from rev dac, then another ground cable from usbridge to Shanti
2. One ground cable from usbridge to shanti, then another groundcable from rev dac to shanti.
3. On

This is in the manual CDSGames posted earlier, post #1585

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Review

Hello cdsgames,

after a few days of burn-in, I would like to tell you and the forum my impressions.

The jump of the SQ from Boss V1.2 to Rev. is already very clear. The whole width and depth of the stage increases noticeably and the precision, also and especially in the bass range is great. I quickly realize that my Yamaha AST-S1 has reached a limit here to display the full quality of the Rev.

You and the whole Allo Team are to blame for the fact that, I retired the Yamaha speakers and amplifier yesterday and bought a couple of new B&W 706 S2.
So I was able to reactivate my homemade nxV300 amplifier, which until then had had no job.

50078707177_9a93501730_h.jpg

The result knocked me off my chair. Simply breathtaking what the Rev. does with this combination and with the SSLV 1.3 Shunt PS.

No matter if Jazz with Oscar Peterso Trio, Diana Krall and Maceo Parker, Instrumental with Eva Cassidy and Nils Lofgen, Blues with John Lee Hooker, Pop/Rock with Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins up to classical music...
Unbelievable for this price range!

In the coming days there will be some fine-tuning with the settings.

Thanks a lot for this great DAC. :worship:

Best Regards
Oliver

... No matter if Jazz with Oscar Peterso Trio, Diana Krall and Maceo Parker, Instrumental with Eva Cassidy and Nils Lofgen, Blues with John Lee Hooker, Pop/Rock with Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins up to classical music...
Unbelievable for this price range! ...
Thanks for your review. Btw the nxv300 link did not work but gave a 403 error. Thanks again --- Per