• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

I have a usbridge sig/dietpi question.

I want to edit dietpi.txt to configure some things, but from what I understand this file only has an affect the first time you boot up a new dietpi image.
Did they boot up the sd card I have? Or is it brand new, allowing me to make changes in dietpi?

I think I can make most, if not all of the changes I want to make later in config.txt, but not sure about this with dietpi.

BTW, for anyone using dietpi, you need to edit /dietpi/config.txt for dietpi to use it.

Thanks
Randy

Hi BMW

I will venture to answer the question , but its better to use DietPi forums .

Sorry but my sw knowledge is rather basic.

I think that DietPi uses MPD and indeed it stops the stream when paused .Your up sampler seems to be rather old (2001 ?) and it might not play nice with a stopped/start stream .

Same behavior should be on RPI

I received the alucase for usbridge sig + digione sig. It looks great but how does the digione sig get the 5v dirty. There's an adapter included for the clean side but the digione dirty side cannot be powered through the usbridge board. Do I have to drill a hole in the case for an additional 5v line?

I received the alucase for usbridge sig + digione sig. It looks great but how does the digione sig get the 5v dirty. There's an adapter included for the clean side but the digione dirty side cannot be powered through the usbridge board. Do I have to drill a hole in the case for an additional 5v line?

The 5v dirty side is through the power to the USBridge.
The clean side goes in to the digione.
The dirty side on the digione is not used.

Last edited:
Hi cdsgames,

I just received my USBridge Signature with DigiOne Signature. Wanted to ask you about connecting USBridge Signature ground to Shanti.

If I understand correctly USBridge Signature is already grounded to the chasis, so the only thing that a user should do is connect a cable between USBridge Signature and Shanti ground posts?

I am asking because the ground post on USBridge Signature chasis is not connected via a cable to the ground pin on the USBridge Signature board. It is not necessary to connect it, right?

Thank you,
Marcin

Hi cdsgames,

I just received my USBridge Signature with Digione Signature. I wanted to make sure that I understand how to connect the ground to Shanti.

If I understand correctly USBridge Signature is grounded to the chasis, so the only thing that a user has to do is to connect USBridge Signature and Shanti ground posts via a cable?

I am asking because the ground post on the USBridge Signature chasis is not connected via a cable to USBridge Signature board ground pin. It doesn't have to be, right?

Thank you,
Marcin

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'll be setting a USBBridge Sig -> FiFoPi stack up just for my RPi source I2S-connected non-DAC HAT setups in the next few weeks. I have a Soekris DAM DAC and 2 Twisted Pear Buffalo-IIIPro setups configured this way. I've been ignoring them due to the success I've had at getting good results from both my Allo Katana and Ian GB FiFoPi / DM DAC setups. But it's time to readdress those setups and see where I can take them with this improved I2S source.

Post your results here and I'll do the same.

Greg in Mississippi