• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, I joined so that I could follow this thread.

I have a question I’m hoping that some of you can answer.

I have a USBridge acting as a Roon bridge that connects to my Meridian Prime LPSU and Headphone amp. At the moment I use the original Allo psu and an iFi iPower to supply my USBridge. The Meridian LPSU has a USB pass through that cleans the USB power from the USBridge before sending it on to the Prime Headphone amp.

My question is, would I gain anything from using a Shanti to power the USBridge?

I am a big fan of Allo products and am looking forward to the USBridge Signature, so thanks to all the team at Allo for their hard work (especially cdsgames). I would like to be able to wall mount my USBridge on a wall, any chance of adding slots in the bottom of the case so that it could be mounted to a wall or back of a bedside table?

Just as an observation I would also prefer to be able to use custom made cables on any power supply. Sockets on a future revision of Shanti or even Nirvana would be fantastic. I hate extra long cables that have to be zip tied up in a bundle 😁

Thanks in advance.

Mark

USB cables , better use cables with connectors that have the correct impedance

Digione Sig casing was delayed because we want to make sure it can work with RPI4 (latest model)

Shanti and USBridge , yes you should be able to gain in audio quality since no device will clean 5V to 5V (except passive filters) that don't have have good noise rejection at DC-20Khz

If you are using Coax , I think that Usbridge Sig will be at best a small improvement compared with your present setup

Hi

I have a DigiOne Signature and recently got the Shanti PSU which mad a very positive improvement.

Am I understanding your comment above correctly, that you'd only expect the USBridge Signature to make at best a marginal improvement if it would be used with the DigiOne Sig connected to a DAC by co-ax?

Thanks

Alan

Usbridge is optimized for USB output

I2s bus (connecting to your Digione) shows a marginal improvement(noise reduction). (thats what our test data show)

How will that translate in sound quality ?

By connecting your Digione/Digione Sig to USBridge Sig , I would say that you will get a marginal improvement . (based on test data available to me)

Also I am attaching test data of latest version of USBridge Sig (mass production) PCB vs last revision (3 months old). 350uV of noise reduction .It is the most extreme case the rest of rails only lost 75uV of noise

Every rail is under 450uV (thats almost the limit of our CRO)

We used better common mode chokes with dampening . Test data shows a further reduction in noise.

Folks ,we are at the floor of every machine that we have.

I am very proud of what USBridge Sig/ Audiophile SBC has achieved .

Attachments

• 1.2v dvcc noise at 1MHz BW - 00000_compressed.pdf
    190.8 KB · Views: 145
  • DVCC 1.2V_AXIS at 1MHz - 00000_compressed.pdf
    198.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited: