• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

I call it " Usbridge Signature " aka Audiophile PI version 3.1415927 :)

Any RPI HAT can be used on top. (RPI standard connector included)

From test data this is the best USB streamer on the market. End of sentence.Am I clear ?? Use a Digione on top to have USB/Spidif RCA/BNC output to your expensive/modded DAC ).

Of course good PSU is a MUST. Hopefully you will chose Shanti or Nirvana but frankly you can use whatever low noise PSU you have (5V / 2.5A minimum)

Digione/Digione Sig tested and working very well .

Hi Ioan,

I'm a very happy user of DigiOne signature. Your announcements concerning Audiophile RPi / USBridge signature has thrilled me.

If I want to use it in combination with DigiOne signature, would the combo still be powered through the two power inlets of DigiOne, one for the clean side and one for the dirty side (RPi)?
Does the power demand of Audiophile RPi / USBridge signature differ in any way from a standard RPi?

Following Klaus' advices in his soundcheck blog (so many thanks for that, Klaus!) I was able to bring power consumption of the dirty side / RPi below 500 mA. That again lets me take advantage of a dual rail LPS (for both clean and dirty side) which is extremely clean but limited to max current output at about 1000 mA. The recent combo runs very well with that and sounds wonderful.

If I run the same software (piCorePlayer) with more or less the same settings on Audiophile RPi / USBridge signature, would I still be good with that mentioned LPS? Or will the power demand of Audiophile RPi / USBridge signature increase significantly compared to a standard RPi?

Best regards
Stefan

Good question .

I will need to study and will answer next week.

Its possible that it will take a bit more power since we are not using DC/DC switching (that has better efficiency and more noise) but it should a smallish % (15-20)

Will measure it. I assume you have HDMI disabled etc ?

Revolution Dac

We are hard at work.

The latest measurements of Rev are attached . THD at -123.7

I think thats the lowest ever on a ess 9038q2m and very close to the -124 I have seen on a PRO.

N is at the floor of our AP machine (on loop back we get almost the same number)

On the final product , we will not be concentrating on the THD but on SQ

Attachments

• RevMeasures.pdf
    97.5 KB · Views: 179
We are hard at work.

The latest measurements of Rev are attached . THD at -123.7

I think thats the lowest ever on a ess 9038q2m and very close to the -124 I have seen on a PRO.

N is at the floor of our AP machine (on loop back we get almost the same number)

On the final product , we will not be concentrating on the THD but on SQ

Yes, please start a new thread for the Revolution DAC. As this is an ESS 9038 based dac any thoughts on the "ess hump" and how to avoid it in your implementation (Katana did avoid it , probably related to the Sparkos opamp stage).

Latest USBridge/Audiophile SBC PCB

Corrected some R , better mechanical integration .

Final testing on this board should be completed in the next 48h.

Announcement of RPi 4 today, press release indicates they are considering whether to produce the corresponding compute module. What are the implications for the usbridge? New Pi has 1,2 or 4Gb RAM and faster processor, improved usb 2/3 ports & ethernet.

Last edited:
Announcement of RPi 4 today, press release indicates they are considering whether to produce the corresponding compute module. What are the implications for the usbridge? New Pi has 1,2 or 4Gb RAM and faster processor, improved usb 2/3 ports & ethernet.

CM1, CM3, and CM3+ will continue to be available. We are evaluating options for producing a Compute Module product based on the Raspberry Pi 4 chipset.

@cdsgames:
Do you want to wait for CM4 before launching the USBridge Sig.?
If not, will USBridge Sig. be compatible with CM4?
Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
@matthiasw, I'm sincerely curious: what benefit do you see in the 'wait' option? cdsgames seems to have completed design and most of validation on USBridge Sig based on CM3 while CM4 is a collection of neurons in the RPi team's head... They don't even know if they want to pursue it, let alone the timeline or implementation/compatibility. Seems impractical to put existing design and willing customers aside, no?

CM1, CM3, and CM3+ will continue to be available. We are evaluating options for producing a Compute Module product based on the Raspberry Pi 4 chipset.

@cdsgames:
Do you want to wait for CM4 before launching the USBridge Sig.?
If not, will USBridge Sig. be compatible with CM4?
Thanks

Matt