Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2019, 12:16 AM   #961
jdlawlis is offline jdlawlis
diyAudio Member

For the past few days, I have gone on Allo's website and tried to order the Katana DAC. Every time I try to add it to the cart it states "Sorry, this product is not available at this time!" I emailed their support to ask them when the product would be available, and I got no response for the past few days. Can anyone here give me an update?
Old 16th November 2019, 04:59 PM   #962
cdsgames is online now cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtossan View Post
Hi cdsgames
If I wish to bypass the USB-C power port in the USBridge Sig, and attach a DC cable directly instead, can I simply solder to the +/- pads on the pcb immediately to the right of the USB-C receptacle? See attached pic.

Would it improve anything to add a good capacitor to the empty cap slot?

Denis

Yes you can (wire direct) and I do not think that a capacitor will help..we have plenty of capacitance on board.
Old 16th November 2019, 06:11 PM   #963
SanjeevM is offline SanjeevM
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlawlis View Post
For the past few days, I have gone on Allo's website and tried to order the Katana DAC. Every time I try to add it to the cart it states "Sorry, this product is not available at this time!" I emailed their support to ask them when the product would be available, and I got no response for the past few days. Can anyone here give me an update?
Please contact www.fabtolab.com. They may have it.
Old 16th November 2019, 09:59 PM   #964
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlawlis View Post

Production of Katana is very slow and will likely have issues for a while...Please find them at our distri that might have stock
Old 19th November 2019, 08:59 PM   #965
John Luckins is offline John Luckins  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Katana availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
Production of Katana is very slow and will likely have issues for a while...Please find them at our distri that might have stock
I got this message in response to my request for a Katana on the Allo website following recent unavailability...

"We are still working to find better solution for Katana.
The process has been very challenging.
At this point, my honest advice would be to look for another device.
We are also working on new DAC “revolution” but it will take sometime to be released."

Will Allo be producing Katana any more?? What other device do Allo recommend as replacement.?

John
Old 19th November 2019, 09:26 PM   #966
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Seems kind of strange about Katana.

A better solution for what part of it? The DC-DC converter? The Sparkos output stage boards?
Old 20th November 2019, 11:09 AM   #967
diyAudio Member

Hi

Katana is very difficult to manufacture . We are keeping some stocks to service present customers but overall we are moving on to a new generation of DAC.

I think that Revolution with 1 (good) PSU is better than Katana with 2 PSU , but less than Katana with 2x 5V + dual 15V

First pics of Rev with screen.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Revfirstpics.pdf (399.6 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by cdsgames; 20th November 2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 20th November 2019, 11:12 AM   #968
diyAudio Member

Nirvana first pics , running for the past 7 days at full load (2.9A) with 110 and 220V

Temp of alu casing 42C with 24.5 ambient
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nirvana12.pdf (159.3 KB, 153 views)
Old 20th November 2019, 01:52 PM   #969
chris14 is offline chris14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
Nirvana first pics , running for the past 7 days at full load (2.9A) with 110 and 220V

Temp of alu casing 42C with 24.5 ambient
Looks good, when can I get one.
What is the current draw of a Pi 3B at idle and what is the temperature under those conditions?
Old 20th November 2019, 02:19 PM   #970
pinnocchio is offline pinnocchio  Canada
diyAudio Member

It would be nice to also have a Shanti or Nirvana PSU with 5Vdc and +/-15Vdc combo. That could be used with many projects

Just bought a Shanti and I hope I'm not going to regret not waiting for the Nirvana ...

Do

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5AHide this!Advertise here!