• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

I am very proud about what we accomplished on TPA3255. My goal , since the beginning of this project , was to make a great sounding amp.
What we have achieved in THD is comparable to Purifi and Benchmark. At -118 (1Khz , 8R , 10W) even objectivists will agree its not audible.

As I said...it was not my project goal to achive best THD+N. Because of my "obsession " with reducing noise , THD has improved as a byproduct, to DAC like levels.

You will understand why it took longer and why I say "my focus is on SQ " next week.
I am sufficiently advanced into project and I will explain my design choice.

We have discovered a novel way to eliminate H distortion in class d.
Basically , inductors stores energy in magnetic field . Class D amps (full bridge) have " dead time" between phases. For a short period of time inductor energy has no outlet. (dead time)
We were thinking that this energy must interfere and create noise. So we have designed a small circuit that shunts the energy (only during dead time) to a R
We started the test a few days ago. Very fast it became apparent on AP machine that something great was happening especially at 2-10W. However , our engineers team (not audiophiles and usually not prone on commenting on SQ) reported that sound seemed to change for the better . Its rare that they comment on SQ..

On AP , we have seen a 3 to 6db reduction on H (2-10W) 1Khz , 4R . That is a lot .

I have not heard it myself , but we have changed the board and sent the new file to manufacturer. Will do more test on EMI , higher power etc...but it seems that we are on to something..